Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
donikatz
Expert
Liked: never

4.0: No VMs under VMs & Templates view

Post by donikatz »

Since upgrading from 3.1.1 to 4.0 no VMs nor templates appear under VMs and Templates view (only the hosts and resource pools show). Also, in the left nav pane I can see the vCenter folders & subfolders, but no VMs within. Under Hosts & Clusters view, VMs & templates do appear and I can select & back up successfully.

I read there were some issues with how vCenter vs ESX hosts were added, so I decided to start fresh by removing vCenter from Veeam and readding vCenter. Result: same problem. No ESX hosts were added manually, only vCenter was added (same problems if I then console authenticate the ESX hosts or not). And now I have to create all my job again since there is no export tool and removing/adding vCenter lost the VMs specified in my jobs and removed the related backup files. Nice.

So, any idea why I can't use VMs & Templates view? Yes, everything looks fine in vSphere Client of course. No vSphere permissions issue (AFAIK) because the authenticating vSphere account is a full admin. vCenter 4.0, ESX 4.0/3.5 mix, Veeam on a FC-attached W2k3 VCB proxy with SAN LUNs properly presented.

Thanks
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6648 times

Re: 4.0: No VMs under VMs & Templates view

Post by Gostev »

Hi Doni, please open a support case and send the screenshots of the whole dialog, both views, will tree fully expanded. Hosts or resource pools should not be shown in this view either, so this is strange. Thank you!
donikatz
Expert

Post by donikatz »

Just did, thanks
donikatz
Expert

Post by donikatz »

Veeam support was never able to help, but I discovered the fix when working on another problem here: http://www.veeam.com/forums/viewtopic.p ... 679#p11679