Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
dr.bergs
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Michael Berg

Backup and Novell.

Post by dr.bergs »

Hi guys
I got a question from a customer yesterday in regards to backup & replication and Novell. Are you able to do a single file restore from Novellware?
I know that the backup part is not a problem, but it is the restore which is critical.

Hope you can help me.

Kind regards
Michael Berg
Magirus Nordic
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: Backup and Novell.

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hello Michael,

Netware File Level Restore is not supported, because Netware servers use NSS file system. Unless you are using file system supported by Veeam FLR on your Netware servers (see VBR release notes for supported configurations), then you will be able to perform file level restores.

Thank you!
dr.bergs
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Michael Berg

Post by dr.bergs »

Hi Vitaliy

Thanks, that was my initial answer to the customer, but I promised to double check :D

Kind regards
Michael
spgsit5upport
Expert
Liked: 16 times
Full Name: Seb

Post by spgsit5upport »

Do you think you could ADD support for NSS?

It is possible, because Portlock in their Portlock Boot CD 5.0 for NetWare include:

Portlock Drive Explorer: View files and directories on your local disks (NTFS, Netware Traditional and NSS) and removable media, and extract/copy individual files from your system to an alternate location.

Or maybe you could make it, so users of Portlock can utilize Portlock Drive Explorer?

Seb