BEST OF VMWORLD 2011: VEEAM WINS BEST NEW TECHNOLOGY FOR SECOND CONSECUTIVE YEAR
Veeam Backup & Replication v6 impresses judges by taking virtual data protection farther
COLUMBUS, Ohio, September 7, 2011 – Veeam Software, innovative provider of VMware data protection, disaster recovery and VMware management solutions for virtual data center environments, won the Best of VMworld Gold award for New Technology for the second year in a row. Veeam holds the record for the most Best of VMworld awards at a single event (2010) and the most awards overall, which demonstrates the company′s commitment to keeping its customers at the forefront of what′s possible with virtualization.
Judges said Veeam Backup & Replication™ v6 impressed them because “it takes virtual data protection farther.”
“We are honored to receive the Best of VMworld award for New Technology for the second consecutive year,” explained Ratmir Timashev, President and CEO of Veeam. “It validates our commitment to ongoing innovation in virtualization data protection and confirms why Veeam is #1 in VM backup. While we are truly grateful for this award, we are most grateful to our customers. They give us the feedback and support we need to provide products with the capabilities and performance they value.”
General availability of v6 is expected later this year. With this release, Veeam becomes the first vendor to deliver capabilities for image-based data protection that organizations have come to expect with traditional file-based backups. The new functionality includes:
- Enterprise scalability: New distributed architecture streamlines deployment and maintenance of remote office/branch office (ROBO) and large installations. Also speeds up backup, replication and restore over WANs.
- Advanced replication: Accelerates replication by 10X, streamlines failover and provides real failback with delta sync.
- Multi-hypervisor support: Reduces the cost and complexity of managing multi-hypervisor environments with new support for Windows Server Hyper-V and Microsoft Hyper-V Server within Veeam′s existing data protection infrastructure (one install and one console).
- Numerous enhancements, including 1-Click File Restore: Extends Veeam′s existing Instant File-Level Recovery (IFLR) with delegated, web-based restore directly to the original VM, without requiring a direct network connection or in-guest agent, relieving system administrators of this task while ensuring sensitive files remain secure.
With new support for Hyper-V, Veeam Backup & Replication v6 offers the same high-performance, resource-friendly, image-based data protection that more than 25,000 organizations have come to rely on for their virtualized environments, including:
- 2-in-1 backup and replication, which provides near-continuous data protection (near-CDP) and enables the best possible recovery time and recovery point objectives (RTOs and RPOs)
- Changed block tracking for frequent and efficient incremental backup and replication of all VMs, including those running on Cluster Shared Volumes (CSVs)
- Built-in deduplication and compression, which minimizes consumption of network bandwidth and backup storage
The Best of VMworld 2011 awards, hosted by TechTarget, Inc., cover eight product categories. TechTarget′s SearchServerVirtualization.com site editors appointed a team of independent industry experts to select winning products from more than 250 entrants. The team named winners based on innovation, value, performance, reliability and ease of use.
About Veeam Software
Veeam Software, an Elite VMware Technology Alliance Partner, develops innovative software to manage VMware vSphere®. Veeam vPower™ provides advanced Virtualization-Powered Data Protection™ and is the underlying technology in Veeam Backup & Replication™. Veeam ONE™ provides a single solution to optimize the performance, configuration and utilization of VMware environments and includes: Veeam Reporter™ - VMware capacity planning, change management, and reporting and chargeback; Veeam Business View™- VMware business service management and categorization; and a choice of VMware monitoring options including the nworks Management Pack™ -VMware management in Microsoft System Center, the nworks Smart Plug-in™ -VMware management in HP Operations Manager, and Veeam Monitor™ - framework-independent VMware monitoring. Learn more about Veeam Software by visiting www.veeam.com.
Social Media Links
Davies Murphy Group
+1 541 207 3461
+1 614 339 8202