New and Free: Veeam Explorer for Microsoft Exchange
Disrupts Existing Market and Replaces Expensive Legacy Tools for Microsoft Exchange Backup, Recovery and E-Discovery
Baar, Switzerland – July 24, 2012
Click to Tweet: New and Free: Veeam Explorer for Microsoft Exchange
- Veeam Software, innovative provider of backup, replication and virtualization management solutions for VMware vSphere and Windows Server Hyper-V, introduces Veeam Explorer™ for Microsoft Exchange. Currently in exclusive beta, the new feature is part of all Veeam Backup & Replication editions (including Free Edition), adding visibility into Exchange VM backups.
- VM admins will be able to look inside Exchange backups to find and retrieve individual Exchange items, without an agent. Free capabilities include:
- Browsing Exchange databases directly from a compressed backup file and having the mailbox database searchable in less than two minutes.
- Searching for specific items across multiple Exchange mailbox databases and object types with advanced search capabilities.
- Exporting items to a PST file, to MSG files or sending them as an attachment.
- The new feature will enable VM admins to perform:
- E-discovery: Easily provide information for internal or external investigations.
- Exchange item recovery: Export accidentally deleted emails, notes or calendar items from a previous backup, and easily transfer these items to the user.
- Retired mailbox archival: Entire mailboxes can be archived to a PST file before deleting.
Scott Lowe, Blogger and Former Higher Education CIO
“If a VM admin wants to walk the walk with regard to great user support and wants to vastly simplify his or her life, this is THE tool that needs to be in the arsenal.”
Ratmir Timashev, President and CEO, Veeam Software
“The virtualization community has found tremendous value in Veeam Backup Free Edition with more than 20,000 downloads since it was released at the beginning of June. Veeam Explorer for Exchange is designed to replace expensive legacy tools currently on the market for Microsoft Exchange recovery and e-Discovery.”
Availability & Pricing:
Veeam Explorer for Microsoft Exchange is currently available in an exclusive beta. To learn more and to determine eligibility for the beta, visit: http://www.veeam.com/microsoft-exchange-explorer.html. The feature will be free and available for all editions of Veeam Backup & Replication, including Veeam Backup Free Edition.
Connect with Veeam:
- Communities & Social Networks: http://www.veeam.com/communities.html
- News RSS: http://feeds.feedburner.com/VeeamNews
About Veeam Software
Veeam® Software develops innovative solutions for VMware backup, Hyper-V backup, and virtualization management. Veeam Backup & Replication™ is the #1 VM Backup solution. Veeam ONE™ is a single solution for real-time monitoring, resource optimization and management reporting for VMware and Hyper-V. The Veeam Management Pack™ (MP) and Smart Plug-in™ (SPI) extend enterprise monitoring to VMware through Microsoft System Center and HP Operations Manager. Veeam also provides free virtualization tools. Learn more by visiting http://www.veeam.com/.
Web Links Referenced in this Release:
- Veeam Software: http://www.veeam.com
- Exchange VM backups: http://www.veeam.com/microsoft-exchange-explorer.html
- VMware backup: http://www.veeam.com/vmware-esx-backup.html
- Hyper-V backup: http://www.veeam.com/microsoft-hyper-v-server-backup-recovery-replication.html
- Virtualization management: http://www.veeam.com/virtualization-management-one-solution.html
- VM Backup: http://www.veeam.com/vm-backup-recovery-replication-software.html
- Free virtualization tools: http://www.veeam.com/free-virtualization-software-vmware-hyper-v.html