Columbus, OH, Nov. 30, 2011
- Veeam Software, innovative provider of data protection, disaster recovery and management solutions for virtual datacenter environments, now offers Windows Server Hyper-V protection as well as Microsoft Hyper-V Server protection with Veeam Backup & Replication v6. The new version offers a single solution for fast, efficient, reliable, and affordable data protection of multi-hypervisor environments encompassing Windows Server Hyper-V and VMware vSphere. With Veeam, customers can now protect all virtual machines with a single product, from a single console, minimizing cost and complexity. Find out more about other enhancements in v6 in today’s related announcement- http://vee.am/v6vmware.
- Veeam Backup & Replication support for Windows Server Hyper-V brings unprecedented speed and efficiency to Windows Server Hyper-V data protection. Major first-to-market capabilities include:
- 2-in-1: backup and replication: Provides image-based backup and near-continuous data protection (near-CDP) in a single solution.
- Built-in deduplication and compression: Included at no extra charge, these capabilities minimize consumption of network bandwidth and backup storage.
- Changed block tracking for Windows Server Hyper-V: Exclusive Veeam technology enables fast, frequent and efficient backup and replication of all VMs, including those running on Cluster Shared Volumes (CSV).
- Additional differentiators for Windows Server Hyper-V include:
- Agentless: There are no agents to license, deploy, maintain, or monitor.
- Forever incremental: Eliminates the need for full periodic backups by creating new full backups from incremental backups. This is essential when backing up large VMs or over a WAN.
- Instant file-level recovery: Restore Windows guest files directly from an image-level backup.
Quotes: Femi Adegoke, IT Director, West Gastroenterology “The existing solutions we have in place for backup and replication have not been doing the job for our Windows Server Hyper-V environment. Needless to say, I am looking forward to feature-rich, agentless backups that will be delivered in v6.” Edwin Yuen, Director, Microsoft “Many organizations that rely on Windows Server Hyper-V also support other hypervisors. Veeam ‘s backup and replication solution for Windows Server Hyper-V, which includes innovations such as changed block tracking, gives customers a new option for managing their virtualized environments.” Ramon Ruiz Pacheco, CEO, TocalWeb “As a hosting provider in Mexico, we currently have around 2,000 VMs on Windows Server Hyper-V, and our current backup solution is very problematic. Before deciding on any other solution, we wanted to try Veeam Backup & Replication v6 since we have used v5 to effectively back up our entire VMware environment. During the v6 beta test, everything worked perfect. Our growth on Windows Server Hyper-V machines is very important and our strategy going forward is to utilize Veeam Backup & Replication exclusively for all Windows Server Hyper-V and vSphere environments.” Ratmir Timashev, President and CEO, Veeam Software “Veeam Backup & Replication is the number one product for VMware data protection as proven by the Best of VMworld 2011 Gold award for New Technology and more than 25,000 customers worldwide. We are very excited to bring its powerful functionality to Windows Server Hyper-V users, where they will use exclusive technology with the fastest backup on the market today.” Availability and Pricing: Veeam Backup & Replication v6 is available now with North American pricing starting at $899 USD per socket for Enterprise Edition and $599 USD for Standard Edition. Pricing will increase to $1,099 USD per socket for Enterprise Edition and $699 USD for Standard Edition on February 1, 2012. Pricing is the same for VMware vSphere and Windows Server Hyper-V, and customers can swap licenses between hypervisors at no charge. For more information, or to download a free trial, visit: http://www.veeam.com/vm-backup-recovery-replication-software.html?ad=pr2. Connect with Veeam:
- See what @VMDoug has to say about v6: http://go.veeam.com/webinar-series-doug-hazelman-2011-v6-backup-replication-ty.html
- Find out why Mazda chose Veeam: http://go.veeam.com/mazda-selects-vm-backup.html?ad=btn
- Request a live demo to see v6 in action: http://www.veeam.com/register_for_a_live_demo.html
- View all resources for Veeam Backup & Replication:
- Windows Server Hyper-V: http://www.veeam.com/microsoft-hyper-v-server-backup-recovery-replication.html?ad=pr2
- VMware vSphere: http://www.veeam.com/vmware-esx-backup.html?ad=pr
- Communities & Social Networks: http://www.veeam.com/communities.html?ad=menu
- News RSS: http://feeds.feedburner.com/VeeamNews
About Veeam Software Veeam Software develops innovative solutions for virtualization management and data protection for VMware vSphere and Microsoft Hyper-V. Veeam Backup & Replication is the #1 VM backup solution. Veeam ONE is a single solution for real-time monitoring, capacity planning, change tracking, documentation, and management reporting of vSphere environments. Veeam nworks extends enterprise monitoring to VMware through Microsoft System Center and HP Operations Manager. Learn more by visiting www.veeam.com. Web Links Referenced in this Release: