Veeam Introduces Free Backup for VMware and Hyper-V with “The New FastSCP”
In Addition, Veeam Backup & Replication 6.1 Now Available with vPower and Instant VM Recovery for Hyper-V
Baar, Switzerland, June 4, 2012
Click to Tweet: Veeam introduces free backup for VMware and Hyper-V with “the new FastSCP”
- Veeam Software, innovative provider of backup, replication and virtualization management solutions for VMware vSphere and Windows Server Hyper-V, introduces the successor to its widely used free FastSCP™ tool: Veeam Backup™ Free Edition. (How did it all begin? Read the blog post about the history of FastSCP at http://vee.am/free.) The new free product, released in conjunction with Veeam Backup & Replication™ 6.1, offers ad-hoc backups of VMware and Hyper-V virtual machines (VMs).
- The capabilities of Veeam Backup Free Edition address tasks that VM admins deal with every day:
- VeeamZIP™: Ad-hoc backup of a running VM for operational, archival or portability purposes. For example, admins can now back up a VM before applying patches, create an archive copy of a VM, or copy a VM to a remote test lab—without powering off the production VM.
- Instant File-Level Recovery: Restore individual guest files directly from an image-level backup.
- File Manager: Easily manage VM and host files.
- Quick Migration for VMware: Migrate a running VM to any host or datastore—even if you don’t use clusters or shared storage.
- Also now available is Veeam Backup & Replication 6.1 with new capabilities:
- vPower® and Instant VM Recovery for Hyper-V: Enables IT to boot and run a VM directly from a compressed, deduped backup file, in a matter of minutes, so business can continue undisrupted during the restore of the VM back into the production environment.
- SCVMM 2012 Support: Extends support for System Center Virtual Machine Manager 2008 R2 to System Center 2012 Virtual Machine Manager. SCVMM support streamlines discovery and ensures protection of VMs managed by SCVMM.
- Updated UI and Additional Enhancements: Designed based on user requests and Veeam R&D innovation. The updated UI is an evolution, not a complete re-design. Current users will still be able to use all of their existing jobs, settings and the workflow for the wizards has not changed.
Gabriel van Zanten, Blogger at GabesVirtualWorld.com
"Love the new FastSCP integration and how easy I can transfer a VM to my workstation and import it again. Just press the VeeamZIP button. I can even export files straight from that backup."
Elias Khnaser, CTO at Sigma Solutions
"I have a crush on Veeam Backup & Replication. The free edition is yet another contribution to the virtualization community and instantly is a killer tool for the VMware and Hyper- V administrator."
Ratmir Timashev, President and CEO at Veeam Software
“Veeam FastSCP has been hugely popular since we introduced it in 2006. More than 150,000 Virtualization Lovers use it, and with these new capabilities, Veeam Backup Free Edition offers even more value. We are excited to offer this latest gift to the virtualization community.”
Veeam Backup Free Edition is available now at no cost and with no limitations on the number of hosts or VMs. For more information and to download, visit: http://www.veeam.com/free-vm-backup.
Veeam Backup & Replication 6.1 is available now. North American pricing (MSRP) is $1,099 USD per CPU socket for Enterprise Edition and $699 USD for Standard Edition. For more information, or to download a free 30-day trial, visit: http://www.veeam.com/vm-backup-recovery-replication-software.html.
Current Veeam Backup & Replication customers can attend a webinar on Friday, June 15 at 11 a.m. ET to learn more about the new release. Register today: http://go.veeam.com/webinar-backup-vanover-henley-06152012-whats-new-in-6-1.html
Attendees at TechEd 2012, in Orlando June 11-14, can visit Veeam booth 413 for demos and a free USB drive for use with Veeam Backup Free Edition and VeeamZIP.
Connect with Veeam:
- Communities & Social Networks: http://www.veeam.com/communities.html
- News RSS: http://feeds.feedburner.com/VeeamNews
About Veeam Software
Veeam® Software develops innovative solutions for VMware backup, Hyper-V backup, and virtualization management. Veeam Backup & Replication™ is the #1 VM Backup solution. Veeam ONE™ is a single solution for real-time monitoring, resource optimization and management reporting for VMware and Hyper-V. The Veeam Management Pack™ (MP) and Smart Plug-in™ (SPI) extend enterprise monitoring to VMware through Microsoft System Center and HP Operations Manager. Veeam also provides free virtualization tools. Learn more by visiting http://www.veeam.com.
Web Links Referenced in this Release:
- Veeam Software: http://www.veeam.com
- VMware backup: http://www.veeam.com/vmware-esx-backup.html
- Hyper-V backup: http://www.veeam.com/microsoft-hyper-v-server-backup-recovery-replication.html
- Virtualization management: http://www.veeam.com/vmware-esx-management-one-solution.html
- VM Backup: http://www.veeam.com/vm-backup-recovery-replication-software.html
- Free virtualization tools: http://www.veeam.com/free-virtualization-software-vmware-hyper-v.html