Veeam Software Continues Rapid Growth in Q2 2012
Strong Maintenance Renewal Growth Points to Customer Satisfaction
BAAR, Switzerland, Aug. 1, 2012 – Veeam Software Group, innovative provider of backup, replication and virtualization management solutions for VMware vSphere and Windows Server Hyper-V, today announced results for the first half of 2012. Total bookings revenue grew 78 percent in the first two quarters of 2012 compared to the same period in 2011, and new license bookings revenue increased 70 percent over the same period. Support renewal bookings revenue grew even faster, at 132 percent compared to the first half of 2011.
“The first half of this year we made important investments in hiring and training personnel to continue building our company and maturing our organization. Those investments lay a strong foundation for success in the second half of the year, and are clearly paying off in terms of customer satisfaction,” said Ratmir Timashev, Veeam CEO. “Nothing speaks more clearly to the quality of our products and people than support renewals, so triple-digit growth in this area is one indication we’re doing the right things to build our business for the long term.”
Highlights of the second quarter include:
- Customers – Veeam added more than 6,000 new customers during the quarter, increasing the total number of customers to more than 43,000.
- Awards – Veeam continued its award-winning streak during the second quarter. Notable wins included:
- Microsoft Management and Virtualization Partner of the Year for 2012, recognized for providing outstanding solutions in management and virtualization.
- “Editors’ Choice” award at the 2012 Storage Awards sponsored by Storage Magazine.
- “Rising Star” Silver medal during the European Global Technology Distribution Council Summit
- Winner in the Backup and Recovery category of the VirtualizationAdmin.com Readers’ Choice awards.
- Products – Veeam introduced several new products during Q2, including:
- Backup Free Edition for VMware and Hyper-V, bringing the new VeeamZIP capability for ad-hoc backups, Instant File-Level Recovery and more – all available at no cost. Backup Free Edition is the successor to Veeam FastSCP, an extremely popular free utility with more than 150,000 users worldwide.
- Backup & Replication v6.1, offering VeeamZIP functionality and extending Veeam’s patent-pending vPower® technology – as well as Instant VM Recovery – to Hyper-V. vPower runs a VM directly from a compressed and deduplicated backup file on regular backup storage.
- Veeam ONE v6, providing powerful and easy-to-use monitoring and reporting for VMware and Hyper-V environments. Veeam ONE provides complete visibility of the virtual infrastructure and affordably delivers the capabilities that matter most to virtualization administrators.
Connect with Veeam:
- Communities & Social Networks: http://www.veeam.com/communities.html
- News RSS: http://feeds.feedburner.com/VeeamNews
About Veeam Software
Veeam® Software develops innovative solutions for VMware backup, Hyper-V backup, and virtualization management. Veeam Backup & Replication™ is the #1 VM Backup solution. Veeam ONE™ is a single solution for real-time monitoring, resource optimization and management reporting for VMware and Hyper-V. The Veeam Management Pack™ (MP) and Smart Plug-in™ (SPI) extend enterprise monitoring to VMware through Microsoft System Center and HP Operations Manager. Veeam also provides free virtualization tools. Learn more by visiting www.veeam.com.
Web Links Referenced in this Release:
- Veeam Software Group: http://www.veeam.com
- VMware backup: http://www.veeam.com/vmware-esx-backup.html
- Hyper-V backup: http://www.veeam.com/microsoft-hyper-v-server-backup-recovery-replication.html
- Virtualization management: http://www.veeam.com/vmware-esx-management-one-solution.html
- VM Backup: http://www.veeam.com/vm-backup-recovery-replication-software.html
Free virtualization tools: http://www.veeam.com/free-virtualization-software-vmware-hyper-v.html