What’s new in Veeam Management Pack v6?
Veeam® Management Pack™(MP) v6 extends new capacity planning, storage management and more to Microsoft System Center, providing complete visibility to help you solve problems fast! Top new features include:
Capacity planning reports
Veeam MP offers four new capacity planning reports, built directly in Microsoft System Center:
- Host Failure Modeling
- Performance Forecast for Datastores
- Performance Forecast for vSphere Clusters
- Virtual Machine Capacity Prediction
To learn more about capacity planning for VMware,
see the Capacity Reports video.
Storage monitoring heatmaps
New heatmaps for datastore space and datastore performance usage provide an instant visual representation that uses color and graphics to show how rapidly your infrastructure is growing. You can see at a glance which VMs are the biggest, which are the fastest growing and drill down to find out why.
To learn more about storage heatmaps and other vSphere analysis reports, see the Analysis Report Tour video.
System Center 2012 dashboards
Real-time performance views of critical vSphere systems are presented in new dashboard views—such as ‘Top 10 hosts for CPU’ per-cluster and ‘Top 10 VMs for Disk I/O’ per datastore—that leverage System Center 2012 Operations Manager widgets.
To learn more about System Center 2012 Dashboards in Veeam MP v6, see Dashboard Tour video.
New model for storage and network
Separate topology views of distributed storage, network and compute environments allow you to quickly browse relationships and dependencies among your critical applications, services and supporting virtual and physical infrastructures. You can link from the topology view directly to real-time dashboards and monitor key metrics, such as latency, provisioning and utilization.
To learn more about storage and network views,
see the Topology Views video.
Performance analysis and correlation monitors
These monitors accept inputs from multiple performance metrics and gather correlated data from other vSphere objects to help you solve problems faster. Dynamic correlated data is provided right in the alert description.
To learn more about performance analysis and correlation monitors,
see the Analysis Monitors and Dashboards video.
Additional Veeam MP Features
Veeam MP enables all System Center functionality:
- Alerts, diagrams, dashboards, reporting, auditing, notifications, responses and automation—for all VMware components, including vCenter Server, clusters, hosts, virtual machines, storage and hardware
- Built-in thresholds, graphs, and reports that provide a ready-to-use detailed health model with hundreds of metrics and events, including memory pressure, disk pressure and disk IOPS that are unique to Veeam MP
- A comprehensive VMware Knowledge Base that serves as your VMware "expert in a box," empowering front-line monitoring staff and reducing problem resolution time
- 200+ performance metrics—including CPU, memory, disk and network I/O—for Cluster, Resource Pool, Host and VM
- 850+ events, including Host, VM, Resource Pool and Cluster status, VM migrations and deployment, licensing, storage and network availability
These reports provide guidance to reallocate resources for VMs that are oversized, helping you run a more efficient datacenter.
24x7 delivery of critical monitoring data
Rich and detailed information on the status of vCenter Server, vSphere hosts and virtual machines is continuously delivered, using a distributed architecture with automated high availability and load balancing.
Scalable deployment and centralized management
Multiple, distributed collectors can be scaled to monitor even the largest VMware environments. A centralized web console simplifies configuration, license management and upgrade procedures.
Secure and agentless data collection
Veeam MP uses best practice API methods to collect event, topology and performance information from the virtual infrastructure. No agent software is required on vSphere hosts or in VMs, eliminating overhead, risk and limited lifespan of an agent running in the hypervisor. Data is encrypted and communicated securely over HTTPS.
System Center 2007 R2
vCenter Server 4.x and 5.x