It's finally official...
VEEAM SOFTWARE ACQUIRES NWORKS
New Products Extend Veeam's VMware Management Capabilities Through Connections to Enterprise Management Systems
COLUMBUS, Ohio, June 24, 2008 — Veeam Software, award-winning provider of systems management tools for VMware ESX Server environments, today announced its acquisition of privately held nworks, an innovative creator of enterprise management connectors bridging the gap between VMware virtual infrastructure and enterprise systems management tools from Hewlett-Packard and Microsoft. The nworks worldwide customer base consists of Fortune 500 and Global 1000 companies. nworks is a VMware Technology Alliance Premier Partner, a Gold HP Business Partner, and a Microsoft Business Partner.
"Our customers have been asking to manage their physical and virtual infrastructures through a single console – and many of them have significant investments in HP OpenView and Microsoft System Center Operations Manager," said Ratmir Timashev, Veeam president and CEO. "By combining Veeam’s resources with nworks’ proven enterprise management expertise, we are moving the industry closer to eliminating the management separation of the physical and virtual worlds that has been problematic since the inception of virtual infrastructures."
"We’re very excited about what our combined team has to offer," said Greg Stephens, nworks president. "Veeam’s experienced R&D team will help us accelerate our co-development activities with VMware and our other strategic partners. The combined resources of both companies better equip us for supporting our customers and continuing to enhance our products."
The new combined company offers six products:
- Veeam Backup – for fast recovery and file-level restore of VMware environments.
- Veeam Reporter – to discover and document virtual environments.
- Veeam Monitor – for performance monitoring of VMware infrastructure, either alone or with VMware VirtualCenter.
- Veeam Configurator – to manage VMware configurations from a Windows interface.
- nworks Smart Plug-In for VMware for HP Software Operations Manager – to directly incorporate VMware management into HP OpenView.
- nworks Management Pack for VMware for Microsoft System Center Operations Manager - to directly incorporate VMware management into Microsoft SCOM.
"One of the reasons for the high TCO associated with management technology is the inability to easily integrate its multiple functions," said Cameron Haight, Research Vice President, Gartner, Inc. "As a consequence, IT organizations should search for tools from vendors that can easily exchange information, whether for the management of physical or virtual infrastructures."
Additional details about the combination of Veeam and nworks is available at http://www.veeam.com/download/veeam_nworks_faq.pdf.