Was it just me or did May fly by? We are all kicking into Veeam Speed and this installment of the Content Roundup will convince you that this is indeed the case. The big push is Veeam Backup & Replication v7; and in May we took the wraps off as part of our promotional plan and announced our full feature list. We are still on track to see v7 become generally available in Q3 of this year. Here are the highlights of what we’ve been doing in the past month for v7 and more:
· Another one of the v7 features that many people are excited about is Veeam Explorer for Microsoft SharePoint. This really makes recovery easy for SharePoint environments, Rick Vanover delivered this webinar and it is ready for replay now online.
· Veeam’s Annual Data Protection Report for 2013 has been released as a free download, you can find out what CIOs find as a priority with Data Protection as well as what are priorities going forward.
· We announced that v7 will include support for Virtual Labs for Replicas, a great way to put your VMware Replicas to work. Hans De Leenheer did a blog post on the topic, we have a video on the feature, and Hans will deliver a live global webinar on the topic also.
· As it turns out May isn’t all about Backup & Replication. Mike Resseler and Alec King presented a webinar to take control of your VMware Capacity Planning needs with the Veeam MP. You can replay that webinar now also.
· Lastly, we have our “Cool” promotion ongoing this month, and the giveaway is just what the aspiring virtualization professional wants: An incredible mobile virtualization lab with SSDs, 32 GB of RAM and all the software you’ll need. You can still register!
Veeam Content Roundup for May 2013, 5.0 out of 5 based on 5 ratings
Author: Rick Vanover
Rick Vanover (MVP, vExpert, Cisco Champion) is the director of Technical Product Marketing & Evangelism for Veeam Software based in Columbus, Ohio. Rick’s IT experience includes system administration and IT management; with virtualization being the central theme of his career recently. Follow Rick on Twitter... More