When a disaster strikes, businesses of all sizes need a reliable solution for on-demand disaster recovery (DR) in the cloud. However, even though the cloud has made DR affordable, many businesses still struggle with the complexities of establishing a solution.
Veeam® Disaster Recovery in Microsoft Azure helps businesses of all sizes maintain business continuity and Availability for their most critical workloads with the next generation of “on-demand DR” in the cloud. It delivers cloud restore for Veeam backups to optimize resource allocation and gain new DR options, coupled with an easy to use, light-weight software defined networking solution to simplify setup and connectivity, regardless of location.Solution Overview User Guide
Disaster Recovery in Microsoft Azure: 4 Reasons Veeam PN makes this easy!
Download our whitepaper to learn why right NOW is the best time to extend your DR options to Azure
Veeam PN for Microsoft Azure is a FREE solution designed to simplify and automate the setup of a DR site in Microsoft Azure using lightweight software-defined networking (SDN). It helps maintain business continuity and Availability by reducing the complexity of VPN deployments and is designed for businesses of ALL sizes, including service providers. Veeam PN:
- Works with Veeam Direct Restore to Microsoft Azure to provide the next-generation of “on-demand DR” in the cloud without complex VPN deployments, ensuring business continuity and Availability
- Provides seamless and secure networking between on-premises and Azure-based IT resources
- Delivers easy to use and fully automated site-to-site network connectivity between any sites
Veeam PN for Microsoft Azure
Veeam PN for Microsoft Azure — Deployable from the Azure Marketplace
- Download requires an active Azure subscription
- Only Resource Manager deployment model is supported
Veeam PN for Microsoft Azure — Downloaded from Veeam.com
While OVA format can be installed in all major virtualization platforms, Veeam PN for Microsoft Azure installation is fully supported on:
- VMware ESX(i)
- VMware Player
- VMware Workstation
- VMware vCloud Director
Virtual Machine requirements
- 1 vCPU
- 1 GB vRAM
- 16 GB of Hard Drive space
- External Network Connectivity
Direct Restore to Microsoft Azure
Direct Restore to Microsoft Azure requires an active Azure subscription.
The technology supports restoring backups made by:
- Veeam Backup & Replication
- Veeam Backup Free Edition
- Veeam Agent for Microsoft Windows 1.1 or later
- Veeam Agent for Linux
Veeam Backup & Replication 9.5 and later includes Direct Restore to Microsoft Azure. Veeam recommends installation of a proxy VM (optional), running on an Azure VM for improved performance.
Direct Restore to Microsoft Azure is designed for Windows and Linux workloads and can restore both VMware and Hyper-V VMs. Both deployment models, Classic and Resource Manager, are supported.