When a disaster strikes, businesses of all sizes need a reliable solution for on-demand disaster recovery (DR) in the cloud. Even though the cloud has made DR affordable for any sized business, many still struggle to properly manage the complicated network setup and configuration tasks associated with establishing such a solution. Veeam PN for Microsoft Azure (Veeam Powered Network) is a free solution that simplifies and automates this setup process making on-demand disaster recovery in the cloud a reality for any business.
Veeam® Disaster Recovery in Microsoft Azure combines the unique functionality of Veeam PN for Microsoft Azure and Direct Restore to Microsoft Azure, (included in Veeam Availability Suite™), to help maintain business continuity and Availability of critical workloads with all-encompassing “On-Demand DR” in the cloud.Product Overview User Guide
Disaster Recovery in Microsoft Azure: 4 Reasons Veeam PN makes this easy!
Download our whitepaper to learn why right NOW is the best time to extend your DR options to Azure
Veeam PN for Microsoft Azure is a FREE solution designed to simplify and automate the setup of a DR site in Microsoft Azure using lightweight software-defined networking (SDN). It helps maintain business continuity and Availability by reducing the complexity of VPN deployments and is designed for businesses of ALL sizes, including service providers. Veeam PN:
- Works with Veeam Direct Restore to Microsoft Azure to provide the next-generation of “on-demand DR” in the cloud without complex VPN deployments, ensuring business continuity and Availability
- Provides seamless and secure networking between on-premises and Azure-based IT resources
- Delivers easy to use and fully automated site-to-site network connectivity between any sites
Veeam PN for Microsoft Azure
Veeam PN for Microsoft Azure — Deployable from the Azure Marketplace
- Download requires an active Azure subscription
- Only Resource Manager deployment model is supported
Veeam PN for Microsoft Azure — Downloaded from Veeam.com
While OVA format can be installed in all major virtualization platforms, Veeam PN for Microsoft Azure installation is fully supported on:
- VMware ESX(i)
- VMware Player
- VMware Workstation
- VMware vCloud Director
Virtual Machine requirements
- 1 vCPU
- 1 GB vRAM
- 16 GB of Hard Drive space
- External Network Connectivity
Direct Restore to Microsoft Azure
Direct Restore to Microsoft Azure requires an active Azure subscription.
The technology supports restoring backups made by:
- Veeam Backup & Replication
- Veeam Backup Free Edition
- Veeam Agent for Microsoft Windows 1.1 or later
- Veeam Agent for Linux
Veeam Backup & Replication 9.5 and later includes Direct Restore to Microsoft Azure. Veeam recommends installation of a proxy VM (optional), running on an Azure VM for improved performance.
Direct Restore to Microsoft Azure is designed for Windows and Linux workloads and can restore both VMware and Hyper-V VMs. Both deployment models, Classic and Resource Manager, are supported.