Compilation Copyright (c) 1995-2009 by Wei Dai. All rights reserved. This copyright applies only to this software distribution package as a compilation, and does not imply a copyright on any particular file in the package.
The following files are copyrighted by their respective original authors, and their use is subject to additional licenses included in these files.
mars.cpp - Copyright 1998 Brian Gladman.
All other files in this compilation are placed in the public domain by Wei Dai and other contributors.
I would like to thank the following authors for placing their works into the public domain:
Joan Daemen - 3way.cpp
Leonard Janke - cast.cpp, seal.cpp
Steve Reid - cast.cpp
Phil Karn - des.cpp
Andrew M. Kuchling - md2.cpp, md4.cpp
Colin Plumb - md5.cpp
Seal Woods - rc6.cpp
Chris Morgan - rijndael.cpp
Paulo Baretto - rijndael.cpp, skipjack.cpp, square.cpp
Richard De Moliner - safer.cpp
Matthew Skala - twofish.cpp
Kevin Springle - camellia.cpp, shacal2.cpp, ttmac.cpp, whrlpool.cpp, ripemd.cpp
Permission to use, copy, modify, and distribute this compilation for any purpose, including commercial applications, is hereby granted without fee, subject to the following restrictions:
- Any copy or modification of this compilation in any form, except in object code form as part of an application software, must include the above copyright notice and this license.
- Users of this software agree that any modification or extension they provide to Wei Dai will be considered public domain and not copyrighted unless it includes an explicit copyright notice.
- Wei Dai makes no warranty or representation that the operation of the software in this compilation will be error-free, and Wei Dai is under no obligation to provide any services, by way of maintenance, update, or otherwise. THE SOFTWARE AND ANY DOCUMENTATION ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTY INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. IN NO EVENT WILL WEI DAI OR ANY OTHER CONTRIBUTOR BE LIABLE FOR DIRECT, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
- Users will not use Wei Dai or any other contributor's name in any publicity or advertising, without prior written consent in each case.
- Export of this software from the United States may require a specific license from the United States Government. It is the responsibility of any person or organization contemplating export to obtain such a license before exporting.
- Certain parts of this software may be protected by patents. It is the users' responsibility to obtain the appropriate licenses before using those parts.
If this compilation is used in object code form in an application software, acknowledgement of the author is not required but would be appreciated. The contribution of any useful modifications or extensions to Wei Dai is not required but would also be appreciated.