Published date: November 18, 2016
Today, Veeam is celebrating another GA of our flagship solution, Veeam Availability Suite 9.5, which is an important part of Veeam Availability Platform for the Hybrid Cloud. Why is this GA so important to Veeam and other organizations all over the world?
For starters, more than 67,000 customers registered to be the first to know about 9.5 features and enhancements. This tremendous response clearly demonstrates IT departments’ increasing interest AND investments in modern storage, hyper-converged systems and the hybrid cloud, as well as their need to keep these new technologies available 24.7.365.
Version 9.5 isn’t just a half-point update, it is a key upgrade that includes more than 175 new features and enhancements, many designed to help enterprises scale more effectively and maintain near-constant Availability. Here’s a quick overview of version 9.5 innovations:
- NEW Enterprise scalability enhancements — The exponential growth of data and provisioned IT services has forced businesses of all sizes to rethink their Availability strategies. Through a host of new enterprise enhancements, Veeam is now capable of helping enterprises scale more efficiently and effectively to protect tens of thousands of VMs and petabytes of data, regardless of their environment size.
- NEW Advanced ReFS integration — This integration offers greater performance and capacity efficiencies for large-scale data sets, while also ensuring backup data resiliency and the protection of business-critical applications.
- FULL integration with Microsoft 2016 data center technologies — Businesses can now modernize their private cloud platform and enterprise applications through integration with Microsoft 2016 data center technologies such as Windows Server 2016 and Microsoft Hyper-V 2016, Nano server and Storage Spaces Direct.
- NEW Direct Restore to Microsoft Azure — In support of Veeam’s “Cloud First” strategy to optimize resource allocation and minimize costs, this new solution enables businesses to take on-premises Windows and Linux-based VMs, physical servers and endpoints, and restore or migrate them to Microsoft Azure.
- Extended integrations with enterprise storage offerings — Veeam already delivers Availability for the Always-On Enterprise through integrations with enterprise storage offerings from Hewlett Packard Enterprise, NetApp and Dell EMC. Veeam Availability Suite 9.5 integration has now been extended to Nimble Storage.
- Included in NEW Veeam ONE 9.5 (part of Veeam Availability Suite) — Enterprises and service providers can leverage powerful chargeback and billing reports for virtual and backup infrastructures to help calculate the cost of compute and storage resources within their organizations or service offerings. They can charge individual departments or customers based on usage.
Don’t just take my word for it, a soon-to-be-released IDC report offers insight into customer experiences when using Veeam. For instance, Veeam customers are able to backup more workloads, set more aggressive SLAs, and meet their RTPOs (recovery time and point objectives) more often (90% compared to 69%), than with their previous provider. In addition, compared to earlier providers, nearly three times as many respondents had zero backup job failure rates with Veeam!
Veeam’s R & D team is always striving to build the best possible solution to help the Always-On Enterprise stay available. This recent 9.5 version is no exception!
You can download NEW Veeam Availability Suite 9.5 today and start taking full advantage of Veeam’s latest and greatest technology. I hope you’ll also plan to join us on Dec. 1 for Veeam Availability Suite 9.5 Delivers Enterprise Scalability: Now Generally Available!, a LIVE webinar co-hosted by Veeam Director of Global Product Marketing Jeff Crum and Veeam Director of Technical Product Marketing Rick Vanover.