The nworks discovery is not working and topology is not created.
This is a permission related issue. The account NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM does not have permission to create a COM object.
Grant the correct permissions to the System account. To grant the correct permissions to the System account, follow these steps:
2. In Component Services, double-click Component Services, and then double-click Computers.
3. Right-click My Computer, and then click Properties.
4. Click the COM Security tab.
5. In the Launch and Activation Permissions area, click Edit Default.
6. Click Add, type System, and then click OK.
7. While System is selected, click to select the Allow check boxes for the following items:
8. Click OK two times.
9. In the Access Permissions click Edit Default
10. Choose account and grant permissions for local and remote access. (Allow)
11. Restart computer.
Once resolved, this issue would lead to the following messages in OMW console:
"SVCDISC" message after which discovery will start working.