The following message displayed while opening "Console" tab in Veeam Monitor:
“Cannot start VMware Console. Make sure VMware vSphere Client is installed on this computer.”
VMware vSphere client was installed incorrectly or usig non-default path.
The same issue may happen if VMware vSphere client was never installed on the server near with Veeam Monitor client.
Install VMware vSphere client on the same server where you run Veeam Monitor Client.
If you have VMware vSphere client installed but still see the same error message then please apply the hotfix which is available to solve this particular issue. A hotfix file can be downloaded by the link below.
Install the hotfix following instructions below:
- Close Veeam Monitor Client
- Check Windows Task Manager to make sure that Monitor.exe process is not running.
- Overwrite all files in Veeam Monitor Client installation folder by the files from the hotfix archive.
- Once Step 3 is done then run CMD.exe as administrator, then use cd command to change the current directory to Veeam Monitor client installation folder and run "_install.bat" file.
- Alternatively, if Step 4 doesn't work, you can always run the following command using the same CMD.exe as administrator method. 'regsvr32 "Default path to .dll" Using the default path, it should look something like this: regsvr32 "C:\Program Files\Veeam\Veeam Monitor for VMware\quickmksax.dll"
- Start Veeam Monitor Client and try to open "Console" tab again.
Please be aware that we’re making changes which will restrict access to product updates for users without an active contract.