How to Test
Performing the following steps will help determine if the infrastructure is present to allow the Proxy to attach the disks of the VM to be processed using hotadd. It is advised to do this with a VM during off-peak hours as it requires a snapshot on the production server.
Note: Remember to review the cleanup section after performing the test.
- Create a snapshot on the VM to be processed by Veeam Backup & Replication.
- Within a vSphere client, attach the base disk from the VM in Step 1 to the Veeam Proxy.
- Edit the Veeam Proxy that will be processing the VM from Step 1.
- Click [ Add New Device ]
- Chose “Existing Hard Disk”
- Navigate to the location of the base disk from the VM in step 1.
- After selecting the disk, expand the disk node.
- Under "Disk Mode" select to "Independent - Nonpersistent"
- Click [ Ok ]