Datastore and Disk graphs do not show any data or show it improperly after upgrading vSphere from v4 to v5.
Performance metrics are not collected properly from VMware vSphere v5 infrastructure objects. You see incorrect performance graphs or irrelevant reports generated by Veeam Monitor v5.
Here is the list of known issues in Veeam Monitor v5 regarding VMware vSphere v5 support:
- Datastores that are part of a datastore cluster have inaccurate provisioned space value.
- Information on Disk I/O and Disk issues tabs is not available.
- Storage path data is missing for all hosts.
- vApps are displayed as regular resource pools.
All these issues are related to and have been confirmed with a new version of VMware vSphere v5.
A hotfix is available to solve this particular issue and can be downloaded by the link below.
This hotfix is cumulative and compatible with Veeam Monitor version 184.108.40.2061.
Make sure that you are running aforementioned version. You can verify this by going to “Options” -> “Server Settings…” and noticing “Collector version” on “Collector” tab of “Veeam Monitor Server Settings” window.
Install the hotfix following instructions below:
- Stop the "Veeam Data Collector Service" service;
- Execute the HOTFIX_veeam_monitor_5.0_vsphere5_compatibility.reg file from archive and make sure that all changes have been applied successfully;
- Start the "Veeam Data Collector Service" service.
Full support for VMware vSphere 5 environment, with new metrics, events etc, will be implemented in the next major release.
If you have any questions or problems, please contact Veeam Support at http://www.veeam.com/support.html
Please be aware that we’re making changes which will restrict access to product updates for users without an active contract.