In some environments, it may not be necessary to monitor the entire virtual infrastructure. However, Veeam ONE automatically monitors all objects contained within a vCenter Server, ESX(i) host, or Hyper-V host when the server is added to Veeam ONE's scope.
Restricting the virtual infrastructure scope may also be helpful if you receive the error 'License Socketing Exceeded' and do not have enough licenses to cover all monitored virtual infrastructure servers.
In Version 6.5 and prior exclusions needed to be set independently in Reporter and Monitor, in version 7 and newer exclusions are handled in the database based on objects set in the monitor client.
To restrict or exclude objects from Veeam ONE's collection scope, the objects must be restricted in Veeam ONE Monitor.
To restrict or exclude objects from Veeam ONE's collection scope, the objects must first be restricted in both Veeam ONE Monitor
To exclude objects from Veeam ONE Monitor's collection scope:
1. In the Veeam ONE Monitor Console, select Options > Server Settings.
2. In the Server Settings window, switch to the Monitored Objects tab then select Virtual Infrastructure and click Expand at the bottom of the window.
3. With the environment topology expanded, clear check boxes for any hosts that you want to exclude from Veeam ONE Monitor's collection scope.
4. Next you will need to revoke the excluded licenses in reporter then rerun your collection job.
Open the Configuration > License screen and in the Used Sockets section revoke all licences.
5. Once the license sockets have been revoked, run the collection job(s) then check the license screen again to ensure no other objects need to be excluded from the collection scope (Configuration -> Servers).