During attempts to restore from a recovery USB media, the boot device is not detected, restore is impossible.
The possible root causes are:
- incorrect boot order in the BIOS;
- the device is not recognized by the BIOS;
- USB 3.x is in use with out-of-date hardware.
Ensure that the USB device with Veeam Recovery information is visible in the BIOS and set as the the first device in the boot list. If it is not visible, try inserting the device in a different USB slot or using a different USB device.
For cases of USB 3.x usage with out-of-date hardware, a BIOS update may be required.
If the issue persists after following the steps listed in this KB, open a support case as follows:
- Right-click the Veeam Endpoint Backup / Veeam Agent for Windows icon in the system tray and select Control Panel.
- Click the Support link at the top of the window.
- Click Technical Support to submit a support case to the Veeam Support Team directly from the product.