Within 3 days after completing the upgrade to Microsoft Windows 10 perform the following actions:
1. Go to Control panel > Administrative Tools and run Services. Stop the Veeam Endpoint Backup service.
2. Run regedit.exe
and locate the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Veeam\Veeam Endpoint Backup
key. Create the following value under this key:
Name = Recreatedatabase
Type = DWORD
Value = 1
3. Start Veeam Endpoint Backup service
4. Allow some time for the new database instance to be created (5 minutes should be enough).
5. Stop Veeam Endpoint Backup service
6. Run regedit.exe and delete
value from HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Veeam\Veeam Endpoint Backup
7. Move VeeamBackup.mdf
replacing the existing files in the target folder
8. Start Veeam Endpoint Backup service.