After upgrading to Microsoft Windows 10 you receive the error message “Services suddenly stopped working” in the Veeam Endpoint Backup Control Panel.
The Veeam Endpoint Backup database files are moved during the OS upgrade procedure.
Within 3 days after completing the upgrade to Microsoft Windows 10 perform the following actions:
1. Go to Control panel > Administrative Tools and run Services. Stop the Veeam Endpoint Backup service.
2. Run regedit.exe and locate the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Veeam\Veeam Endpoint Backup key. Create the following value under this key:
Type = DWORD
Value = 1
3. Start Veeam Endpoint Backup service
4. Allow some time for the new database instance to be created (5 minutes should be enough).
5. Stop Veeam Endpoint Backup service
6. Run regedit.exe and delete the Recreatedatabase value from HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Veeam\Veeam Endpoint Backup key.
7. Move VeeamBackup.mdf and VeeamBackup_log.ldf replacing the existing files in the target folder
If the described methods do not resolve the issue, please open a support case by going to Veeam Endpoint Backup Control Panel > Support > Technical Support.
Please be aware that starting from September 2018 downloading updates will require an active contract for the corresponding product.