Product Family: Scality Ring
Status: Veeam Ready – Archive
Classification Description: Verified disk archive storage that can be used as a Backup Copy target. Synthetic full backups, granular restores, and vPower features may not provide sufficient performance or be supported.
Model number: Scality Ring
Storage Category: Scale-out File and Object Storage
Drive quantity, size, type: 72 – 1TB 7200 RPM HDD, 6 – 500GB SSD
Storage configuration: ARC 9+3
Firmware version: 188.8.131.52
Connection protocol and speed: 10GbE
Additional support: All models and configurations of Scality Ring with specifications equivalent or greater than the above.
Veeam testing configuration:
Veeam Build Number: 184.108.40.2066
- Repository Type: Shared Folder
- Deduplication: Yes
- Compression: Optimal
- Storage Optimization: Local Target
- Per-VM Backup Files: Yes
- Decompress before storing: No
- Align backup file blocks: No
Veeam Recommended Backup Copy Job Setting:
- Only full backup copy jobs are recommended to archive data to Scality
"Read the entire restore point from source backup instead of synthesizing it from increments"
Vendor recommended configuration:
Hardware configuration used
- Storage Servers : 6x HPE Apollo 4530 Chassis, Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz, 128GB RAM
- Connector Server : 1x VM, 8x vCPU Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz, 32GB RAM
Company name: Scality
Company overview: Scality, the world leader in object and cloud storage, bridges the gap between application vendors and industry standard hardware providers to meet your cost-effective storage scale, durability, cloud and performance requirements.
Please be aware that we’re making changes which will restrict access to product updates for users without an active contract.