Product Family: Scality RING
Status: Veeam Ready - Archive
Classification Description: Verified disk archive storage that can be used as a Backup Copy target. Synthetic full backups, granular restores, and vPower features may not provide sufficient performance or be supported.
Model number: Scality RING
Number of Drives: 48 SATA, 6 SSD per node (6 nodes)
Drive type: SATA and SSD
Firmware version: RING Software Version 5.1.7
Additional support: Configurations with 6 or more nodes with at least 48 SATA drives and 6 SSD’s per node
General product family overview: The Scality RING is software that turns any standard x86 servers into web-scale storage. With the RING, you can store any amount of data, of any type, with incredible efficiency and 100% reliability, guaranteed—all while reducing costs by as much as 90% over legacy systems.
- Repository Type: Shared folder
- Align backup file data blocks: No
- Decompress backup data blocks before storing: No
- Use per-VM backup files: Yes (optional)
- Enable In-Line Data Deduplication: Yes
- Compression level: Optimal
- Storage Optimization: Local Target (16TB+ backup files) (Settings for source backups only, it guarantees better performance on this storage due to a bigger block size in backup copy)
Company name: Scality
Company overview: Scality, the world leader in object and cloud storage, bridges the gap between application vendors and industry standard hardware providers to meet your cost-effective storage scale, durability, cloud and performance requirements.