This procedure moves a Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365 server installation to a new server.
Before starting with the procedure, the following prerequisites should be in place:
- A new server to install VBO on it should be ready and should be at least the same version of Windows or higher
- The following data should be available:
- Everything under C:\ProgramData\Veeam\Backup365 from the old server (Config data)
- Your data in the VeeamRepository that holds the O365 backupped data (Repository data). Note: The source and target repository paths should be the same.
- If the repository is a network share, then the target server should have access to that share
- If the repository is an iSCSI drive then it is important to disconnect it from the source first to avoid 2 iSCSI initiators issue. Then connect it to the target server.
- These files could come from the original server or restored from a VM-backup through Veeam Backup and Replication.
- Your license file
1. Install a clean server (same version of Windows or higher)
2. Install Veeam Backup for Office 365 on this new server (NOTE: do not start the UI yet)
3. Stop the VBO service (Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365 Service) on the new server
4. [Optional] If you are copying the prerequisite files from a still existing server, stop the VBO services on the old server.
5. Copy the Config data to C:\ProgramData\Veeam\Backup365 and press Yes when asked to overwrite files
6. [If Applicable] Copy the Repository data to the repository location on the new server
7. Start the VBO service (Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365 Service) on the new server
8. Started the Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office user interface
9. You will receive the following notification: License is not installed. Do you want to install it now? Press Yes and install your license.
10. Right click on your organization and choose Edit
11. Retype your password for the user you use to connect to Exchange Online
12. Run your job(s) to see if they succeed.
13. Run a test restore from a restore point created on the old VBO server to verify if you can recover.
If you forget to retype your password, you will get the following error when a job tries to run.
Error: [Timestamp] :: Connecting to remote server outlook.office365.com failed with the following error message : [ClientAccessServer=DB5PR0201CA0031,BackEndServer=db3pr04mb219.eurprd04.prod.outlook.com,Req
uestId=4dc5aabf-7349-4a2e-8036-597c2163768f,TimeStamp=1/5/2017 5:57:30 PM] Access Denied For more information, see the about_Remote_Troubleshooting Help topic.