1. Install an updated SQL Server Native Client on the Veeam ONE server machine.
2. Ensure the following permissions for the Veeam ONE database are assigned to the Veeam ONE service account:
- Public role — default permissions for SQL users
- CREATE ANY DATABASE permissions — required for database creation during setup
- db_owner role on the Veeam ONE database — required for communication of Veeam ONE services with the database
- db_datareader permissions on the master database — required to verify that only one product installation writes data to the database
- public, db_datareader, SQLAgentUserRole permissions on the msdb database — required for setup and database index optimization
- [For Always-On Availability Groups] VIEW SERVER STATE, VIEW ANY DEFINITION permissions — required to check database existence and to verify that Veeam ONE will write data to the primary replica of the database
The Named Pipes protocol must be enabled on the Microsoft SQL Server.