Sometimes we can run into a timeout issue when resource usage on a VM is high or it is under-provisioned.
Adjusting the timeout period for the VeeamRSS service.
1. In Registry Editor, right-click on the registry subkey HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control.
2. Next, right-click on Control (in the right-hand pane of the Registry Editor) and select New | DWORD. The name of the new registry entry will be selected for editing. Type "ServicesPipeTimeout" and then press ENTER.
3. Next, right-click on the new ServicesPipeTimeout registry entry and then click Modify.
4. In Edit DWORD Value, locate Value and then enter 180000.
5. Once finished, click OK. Then, restart the computer in order for the Service Control Manager to apply the change.
NOTE: TimeoutPeriod is a placeholder for the value of the timeout period in milliseconds that will be set for the service. For example, to set the timeout period to 24 hours (86400000 milliseconds), type 86400000.