When trying to perform a new installation, VeeamONE gets to the initial Creation of the SQL instance and fail with general error; installation log shows error: No Such Service Found
Installation Log will have the error:
[Date/Time][ERROR] System.Exception: No such service found.
at Veeam.Setup.Common.Util.ServiceManager.Create(String serviceName, String processName)
[Date/Time][INFO] Service is not installed, skipping.
[Date/Time][INFO] Service name: VeeamRSS
[Date/Time][INFO] Service obsolete name: Not specified
[Date/Time][INFO] Service process: Not specified
VeeamONE requires full access to use TLS 1.0
Enable TLS 1.0 In Internet options. Also make sure to allow or enable TLS 1.0 Access in any security/crypto/firewall software being used.
To Enable TLS 1.0 in Internet Options:
- Open Control Panel and locate Internet Options (or access via Internet Explorer)
- Go to the Advanced tab
- Scroll down to locate ‘Use TLS 1.0’ under Security
- Check the box to enable. Then hit Apply and Ok.
- Close and Internet Browser Currently open
- Restart Installer
- If install still fails to same problem, the environment likely has security/crypto software in place that is blocking TLS 1.0 use.
- TLS 1.0 is an older software communication encryption protocol that allows our software to still be ran on older server versions.