Product Family: Dell EMC Isilon
Status: Veeam Ready Repository
Classification Description: Verified backup storage that supports all Veeam backup and restore features.
Model number: All
Number of Drives: Any
Drive type: Any
Firmware version: OneFS 8.0
Additional support: Any EMC Isilon configuration with supported firmware.
General product family overview: THE ISILON ADVANTAGE
Dell EMC Isilon scale-out NAS is the ideal platform to store, manage and protect unstructured data efficiently while supporting a wide range of applications and workloads.
Key advantages of Isilon scale-out NAS include:
• Simple to manage: Single file system, single volume, global namespace
• Massively scalable: Start small and scale to 10s of petabytes in a single cluster
• Extreme performance: Support your most demanding file workloads with Isilon solutions that deliver up to 9 million IOPS and up to 540 GB/s aggregate throughput on a single cluster
• Highly efficient: Over 80% storage utilization with data deduplication options to further reduce storage requirements by up to 30%
• Ultra-dense hardware design: Provides 4 Isilon nodes in a single 4U chassis and reduces data center space requirements and related costs by up to 75%
• Storage tiering: Optimize resources with policy-based, automated storage tiering to move data automatically to lower cost tiers, including cloud storage with a choice of cloud storage providers
• Operational flexibility: Support a wide range of file workloads on a single platform with built-in multi-protocol capabilities including NFS, SMB, HTTP, FTP, and HDFS
• Enterprise data protection: Isilon storage platforms are highly resilient, with up to N+4 redundancy, and offer proven enterprise-grade back-up and disaster recovery options
• Robust security options: RBAC, Access Zones, SEC 17a-4 WORM compliance, File System Auditing, Data At Rest Encryption with SEDs, STIG hardening, CAC/PIV Smartcard authentication, and FIPS 140-2 validation
Veeam Build Number: 126.96.36.1993
- Repository Type: Shared folder
- Deduplication: Yes
- Compression: Optimal
- Storage Optimization: LAN Target
- Per-VM Backup Files: Yes
- Decompress before storing: No
- Align backup file blocks: No
Company name: Dell EMC
Company overview: Dell EMC, a part of Dell Technologies, enables organizations to modernize, automate and transform their data center using industry-leading converged infrastructure, servers, storage and data protection technologies. This provides a trusted foundation for businesses to transform IT, through the creation of a hybrid cloud, and transform their business through the creation of cloud-native applications and big data solutions. Dell EMC services customers across 180 countries – including 98 percent of the Fortune 500 – with the industry’s most comprehensive and innovative portfolio from edge to core to cloud.