Product Family: ES1640dc v2
Status: Veeam Ready - Repository
Classification Description: Verified backup storage that supports all Veeam backup and restore features.
Model number: ES1640dc v2
Storage Category: RAID Storage Array
Drive quantity, size, type: 15 – 6TB SAS drives
Storage configuration: RAID6
Firmware version: 2.1.0
Connection protocol and speed: 10GbE
Additional support: All models and configurations of ES1640dc v2 with specifications equivalent or greater than the above.
Veeam testing configuration:
Veeam Build Number: 184.108.40.2066
- Deduplication: Enabled (Default)
- Compression: Optimal (Default)
- Storage Optimization: Local Target (Default)
- Repository Type: Shared Folder
- Per-VM Backup Files: Disabled (Default)
- Decompress before storing: Disabled (Default)
- Align backup file blocks: Disabled (Default)
Vendor recommended configuration:
- Jumbo frames used in testing environment
- Multi-pathing using SMB3 used in testing environment
- No array compression or deduplication was used during testing
Company name: QNAP Systems, Inc
Company overview: QNAP Systems, Inc., as its brand promise "Quality Network Appliance Provider", aims to deliver comprehensive offerings of cutting edge network attached storage (NAS) and network video recorder (NVR) solutions featured with ease-of-use, robust operation, large storage capacity, and trustworthy reliability. QNAP integrates technologies and designs to bring forth quality products that effectively improve business efficiency on file sharing, virtualization applications, storage management and surveillance in the business environments, as well as enrich entertainment life for home users with the offering of a fun multimedia center experience. Headquartered in Taipei, QNAP delivers its solutions to the global market with nonstop innovation and passion.
Please be aware that we’re making changes which will restrict access to product updates for users without an active contract.