To run the script that creates an active full backup for Veeam Availability for Nutanix AHV, do the following:
- Click Download Script at the bottom of this KB article to download the .zip archive with the script.
- Transfer the file to the Veeam Availability for Nutanix AHV (proxy appliance) server. Note that SSH is disabled on the proxy appliance server by default. To see how to enable SSH/SFTP, see the Security Considerations section of the Veeam Availability for Nutanix AHV User Guide.
- Log in to the shell terminal of the proxy appliance server.
- Install the script dependencies (make sure the backup proxy has an internet connection):
$ sudo apt-get install python-requests
- Unpack the .zip archive using the unzip command:
$ unzip <the_zip_file_with-script>
- Make the script file executable:
$ chmod +x run_active_full.py
- Run the script:
$ ./run_active_full.py -j "backup_policy_name" -a backup_appliance_ip_address_or_hostname -u admin -p "password_of_admin_user_for_web_interface"
- "backup_policy_name" is a backup job name in quotes.
- backup_appliance_ip_address_or_hostname - the proxy appliance IP address or hostname. Make sure the hostname is resolved to an external IP address.
- "password_of_admin_user_for_web_interface" - the password for admin user in quotes.
$ ./run_active_full.py -j "Backup policy" -a ahvproxy.local -u admin -p "W3bP@ssw0rd"
Use crontab to run the script on a defined schedule.