To select the Me-south-1 region, do the following:
1. Connect to the backup server using the following command.
ssh -i "<backup server's .pem key>" ubuntu@<Public DNS (IPv4) parameter of the backup server>
2. Navigate to /opt/veeam.aws.service and locate AmazonS3Regions.xml.
3. Add the following text to the .xml file (see the attached screenshot).
<Region Id="me-south-1" Name="Middle East (Bahrain)" Type="Global">
4. Restart the Veeam Backup for AWS service using the following command.
sudo systemctl restart veeamawsbackup.service
5. Enable Global STS endpoint as described in the article