Columbus, Ohio, December 10, 2010 – Veeam Software, innovative provider of VMware data protection, disaster recovery and VMware management solutions for virtual datacenter environments, today announced a holiday gift for VMware vExperts, VMware Certified Professionals, and VMware Certified Instructors. These individuals can receive Veeam Backup & Replication v5 with vPower for non-production use in their home labs. Any vExpert, VCP or VCI can receive a free two-CPU socket software license for evaluation, demonstration and training purposes. The offer also includes the Veeam ONE Solution for VMware management with Veeam Monitor, Veeam Reporter and Veeam Business View. “We are proud of the deep VMware expertise we’ve built into Veeam Backup & Replication v5,” explained Doug Hazelman, Senior Director of Product Strategy for Veeam. “It is the most compelling reason yet to virtualize 100 percent of enterprise applications, and we want the entire VMware community to experience Veeam vPower.” “Veeam is continuing its history of innovation by making this offer to VMware professionals,” explained David Davis, vExpert, CCIE, VCP4 and vSphere training author at www.TrainSignal.com. “With the ability to use Veeam Backup & Replication in our home or office labs, instructors, bloggers and certified VMware administrators will be able to not only protect their lab infrastructure, but also gain experience with the leading virtual infrastructure data protection solution.” With the ability to run a virtual machine directly from a backup file, Veeam Backup & Replication v5 overcomes the limitations of traditional backup by providing:
- Instant VM Recovery: Restore an entire virtual machine from a backup file in minutes. Users remain productive while IT troubleshoots the issue.
- U-AIR (Universal Application-Item Recovery): Recover individual items from any virtualized application, on any operating system, without additional backups, agents or software tools. Eliminates the need for expensive special-purpose tools and extends granular recovery to all applications and users.
- SureBackup Recovery Verification: Automatically verify the recoverability of every backup, of every virtual machine, every time. Eliminates uncertainty and sets a new standard in data protection.
- On-Demand Sandbox: Create test VMs from any point in time to troubleshoot problems or test workarounds, software patches or new application code. Eliminates the need for dedicated test labs and the overhead that extra VMware snapshots place on VMs.
- Instant File-Level Recovery for any OS or file system: Recover an entire VM or an individual file from the same image-level backup. Extends instant file-level recovery to all VMs.
Not-for-resale (NFR) software license keys are available for non-production use at http://www.veeam.com/go/free-nfr-license About Veeam Software Veeam Software, an Elite VMware Technology Alliance Partner, develops innovative software to manage VMware vSphere. Veeam vPower provides advanced Virtualization-Powered Data Protection and is the underlying technology in Veeam Backup & Replication, the #1 VMware backup solution. Veeam ONE provides a single solution to optimize the performance, configuration and utilization of VMware environments and includes: Veeam Reporter - VMware capacity planning, change management, and reporting and chargeback; Veeam Business View - VMware business service management and categorization; and a choice of VMware monitoring options including the nworks Management Pack - VMware management in Microsoft System Center, the nworks Smart Plug-in - VMware management in HP Operations Manager, and Veeam Monitor - framework-independent VMware monitoring. Learn more about Veeam Software by visiting www.veeam.com. Social Media Links Twitter: http://www.veeam.com/twitter LinkedIn: http://www.veeam.com/linkedin Facebook: http://www.veeam.com/facebook YouTube: http://www.veeam.com/youtube Blog: http://www.veeam.com/blog Media Contacts: Jeff Miller Davies Murphy Group firstname.lastname@example.org +1 541 207 3461 Carrie Reber Veeam Software Carrie.Reber@veeam.com +1 614 339 8200