Baar, Switzerland – April 30, 2015: Veeam Software, the innovative provider of solutions that deliver Availability for the Modern Data Center, today announced highlights of its Q1 2015 results, including a 22 percent increase in total bookings revenue over the same period last year.
The release of the Veeam Availability Suitev8 has created a new category of IT solutions, Availability for the Modern Data Center, which has helped to fuel these record results. The new release includes more than 200 new features and enhancements, such as the new Veeam Cloud Connect capability and integration with NetApp as well as major enhancements to replication and disaster recovery. Initial customer adoption of Veeam Availability Suite v8 has exceeded all expectations. By the end of Q1, less than five months after the general release, close to 50 percent of existing customers had already upgraded their licenses to v8.
“We've kicked off 2015 with another quarter of record results,” said Ratmir Timashev, CEO at Veeam. “Customers continue to download the latest release of Veeam Availability Suite faster than any previous new version, close to 1,000 downloads each day, and we expect that rapid adoption to continue because only Veeam can meet their requirements for solutions that deliver data center availability. Veeam’s availability solutions already protect close to 8.5 million virtual machines in more than 200 countries worldwide, and we plan to accelerate this momentum with additional new products, updates and partnerships throughout 2015, as we proceed towards our goal of $1 billion in annual revenue by 2018.”
Additional highlights from Q1 2015 include:
- 145,500 customers worldwide: Veeam added 10,800 total paid customers in Q1 2015, consistent with a historical average of approximately 3,500 new customers each month.
- Strong growth in cloud: The Veeam Cloud Provider (VCP) program reported an increase of 105 percent in the number of transactions year-over-year. Veeam now has nearly 7,300 service and cloud providers as part of the VCP program worldwide, including more than 500 service providers licensed to offer services for Veeam Cloud Connect;
- Microsoft Hyper-V new license bookings: 35 percent growth over the same period during the previous year.
- Expansion to 30,500 ProPartners worldwide: Veeam’s commitment to the channel continues to attract new resellers and VARs to our solutions.
- Veeam executive appointments and promotions: Daniel Fried was promoted to senior vice president of worldwide sales and field marketing, Julian Quinn joined Veeam as vice president of Asia and Japan, Dorothy Farris was promoted to vice president of US sales, Olivier Robinne was appointed vice president of EMEA, and Matt Kalmenson was named vice president of service and cloud providers sales for North America.
- Enhancements to Veeam’s ProPartner Program in EMEA: EMEA ProPartner Program evolved to deliver stronger cloud hosting capabilities and training tools.
- World Availability Day: In response to changing user demands for the Always-On Business and to educate the market that back up alone is not sufficient in today’s economy, Veeam has declared March 30 as World Availability Day.
Veeam helps organizations become an Always-On Business by meeting recovery time and point objectives (RTPO) of less than 15 minutes for all applications and data, through a fundamentally new kind of solution that delivers high-speed recovery, data loss avoidance, verified protection, leveraged data and complete visibility.
VeeamON 2015: The World’s Premier Data Center Availability Event, will take place October 26–29, 2015 at the Aria Resort and Casino in Las Vegas, NV. For the second consecutive year, Veeam will bring together industry-leading experts, Veeam customers and partners who will learn about enabling the Always-On Business. Pre-registration is now open.
About Veeam Software
Veeam recognizes the new challenges companies across the globe face in enabling the Always-On Business, a business that must operate 24/7/365. To address this, Veeam has pioneered a new market of Availability for the Modern Data Center by helping organizations meet recovery time and point objectives (RTPO) of less than 15 minutes for all applications and data, through a fundamentally new kind of solution that delivers high-speed recovery, data loss avoidance, verified protection, leveraged data and complete visibility. Veeam Availability Suite, which includes Veeam Backup & Replication, leverages virtualization, storage, and cloud technologies that enable the modern data center to help organizations save time, mitigate risks, and dramatically reduce capital and operational costs.
Founded in 2006, Veeam currently has 30,500 ProPartners and more than 145,500 customers worldwide. Veeam’s global headquarters are located in Baar, Switzerland, and the company has offices throughout the world. To learn more, visit http://www.veeam.com.