In a virtualized world, different backup solutions can gather data from different locations, complicating data protection for enterprise applications. This white paper offers ten best practices for backing up critical business applications in a vSphere environment. These include:
- Replace inside-the-guest backup solutions
- Leverage snapshots, but not hypervisor snapshots
- Separate backup data from production data
- Eliminate physical RDMs and guest iSCSI connections from your vSphere VMs
- Choose the correct level of protection
- And more
vSphere administrators are starting to agree on these best practices for backing up critical applications. Consider implementing them in your vSphere virtual environment.