Use VeeamZIP whenever you need to backup a VM (for example, before making changes to it), archive a VM (for example, before decommissioning it) or copy a VM (to your test lab, training center, to give to a client, etc.).
Backup on-the-fly: VeeamZIP™
Create an ad hoc backup of a live VM for operational, portability or archival purposes.
With VeeamZIP, ad hoc backups are:
- Easy: No complicated configuration, and no need to pause or power off the VM
- Compact: Compression, deduplication and swap file exclusion make backups small
- Portable: Captures all the virtual disks and configuration files needed to restore the VM on any host
VeeamZIP even maintains thin-provisioned disks.
Export VMs without downtime
Hyper-V can encapsulate and export a VM, but it takes a long time and requires you to pause or power off the VM. VeeamZIP backs up a VM while it’s running.
VeeamZIP encapsulates all virtual hard disk and configuration files into a single, compressed backup that can be recovered to another host. There is no need to worry about managing .exp files or where to place folders for successful import.
Restore individual guest files
Veeam Backup™ Free Edition comes with a full range of restore options, including Instant File-Level Recovery (IFLR). Not only can you restore the full VM or individual VM files—you can also look inside the VM and restore individual guest files.
New! Look inside Exchange VM backups
Veeam Explorer for Microsoft Exchange™ provides instant visibility into Exchange backups, making it perfect for e-discovery and quick recovery of individual Exchange items (emails, contacts, notes, etc.).Watch demo | Browse screenshots
Manage VM and host files
Veeam Backup Free Edition includes powerful file management capabilities:
- Browse: Browse VM and host files in a familiar Windows Explorer-like graphical interface
- Copy between hosts: For example, copy VMs and templates between datastores
- Copy between a host and Windows/Linux: For example, deliver ISO files to hosts
New! Support for Windows Server 2012 Hyper-V
Veeam Backup Free Edition fully supports Windows Server 2012 Hyper-V, including deployments using CSV v2 and SMB v3 shared storage.