A better way
Cloning, copying or exporting a virtual machine (VM) can be time-consuming and resource intensive. And if you have to power off or pause the VM, it can be disruptive, too.
But with VeeamZIP™ you can easily backup a VM for restore on any host.
The perfect fit
Whether you use VMware vSphere, Microsoft Hyper-V, or a combination of both, Veeam® Backup™ Free Edition fits right into your environment. And however you do regular backups, Veeam Backup Free Edition is the must-have tool for managing your VMs.
What you need—when you need it
With Veeam Backup Free Edition, you can quickly:
- Backup, archive or copy a VM—without pausing or powering it off
- Restore data from inside a VM
- Restore from backups or SAN snapshots
- Migrate and manage VMs and files
all in one easy-to-use tool that’s completely free.
Veeam Backup Free Edition contains useful utilities for day-to-day VM management:
- VeeamZIP: backup a VM on-the-fly for operational, archival or portability purposes
- Instant File-Level Recovery: restore individual guest files directly from a VeeamZIP backup
- NEW! Veeam Explorer™ for Microsoft Exchange: get instant visibility into VeeamZIP backups of Exchange VMs for quick recovery of individual items (emails, contacts, notes, etc.)
- NEW! Veeam Explorer™ for SAN Snapshots: restore individual VMs, guest files and Exchange items from SAN snapshots*
- File Manager: the easy way to manage VM and host files
- Quick Migration for VMware: migrate a live VM to any host or datastore
*Currently available for VMware only
The New FastSCP
More than 200,000 VM administrators rely on free tools from Veeam, including Veeam FastSCP™. Now FastSCP is part of Veeam Backup Free Edition—the must-have tool for VMware and Hyper-V administrators.
Free tool—not free trial
Veeam Backup Free Edition provides a number of powerful utilities for managing VMs. It complements your regular backup tool by providing easy ad hoc backups of individual VMs. If you need more, you can easily upgrade to a paid version of Veeam Backup & Replication™—simply install a license key. For more information, check out the free vs. full comparison.