E-mail notifications have to be configured.
Veeam Endpoint Backup 1.5 allows you to automatically configure email notification settings. Some email services require manual configuration.
To configure email notifications manually, follow the steps below.
- Enter the email address (it will be used as from and to address) and mailbox password if you mail server requires authentication.
- Modify the Subject if needed.
- Check at least one notification event (Success / Warning / Error).
- Click Show SMTP server settings to open the advanced SMTP settings.
- Enter SMTP address. It can be the IP address or DNS name of the server, server’s port number and username if required.
- If your SMTP server supports SSL or TLS, check the box Use Secure Connection.
- Click Test Message to send a test email and validate mail settings.
Once settings are validated you can close this page and start receiving email notifications.
Some public email service providers require additional actions to be performed on your mail account. To set the email notifications with a gmail account you may need to do the following:
Open your Google account > Sign-in & security and ensure that Allow less secure apps is set to ON.