E-mail notifications have to be configured.
Veeam Endpoint Backup 1.5 and Veeam Agent for Windows 2.x allow you to automatically configure email notification settings. Some email services require manual configuration.
To configure email notifications manually, follow the steps below.
1. Double-click the Veeam Agent for Microsoft Windows icon in the system tray or right-click the Veeam Agent for Microsoft Windows icon in the system tray and select Control Panel.
2. At the top of the window, click the Settings tab.
3. In the Notifications section, select the Enable email notifications check box and click the Configure and test link.
4. Enter the email address (it will be used as from and to address) and mailbox password if your mail server requires authentication.
5. Modify the Subject if needed.
6. Check at least one notification event (Success / Warning / Error).
7. Click Show SMTP server settings to open the advanced SMTP settings.
8. Enter SMTP address. It can be the IP address or DNS name of the server, server’s port number and username if required.
9. If your SMTP server supports SSL or TLS, check the box Use Secure Connection.
10. Click Test Message to send a test email and validate mail settings.
11. Once the settings are validated, you can close this page and start receiving email notifications.
Some public email service providers require additional actions to be performed on your mail account. To set the email notifications with a Gmail account you may need to do the following:
Open your Google account > Sign-in & security and ensure that Allow less secure apps is set to ON.
Keep in mind that the default implicit SSL port 465 is not supported. The port setting can be changed on the Gmail side.