You need to migrate Veeam Availability Console (VAC) and its database to a new server.
Follow the steps below to move VAC to a new server.
Before starting the migration procedure, make note of the existing VAC server version.
- Install a new instance of VAC on a new server.
- If you are planning to use a fresh VAC database, create one during the installation on the SQL Server Instance wizard step.
- If you wish to use the existing database:
- Move the database beforehand to an existing SQL server instance using one of the ways outlined here.
- On the SQL Server Instance wizard step specify the valid database name.
- NOTE that in case the previous VAC installation was updated there will be a server-database mismatch. Create a new database during the installation on the SQL Server Instance wizard step. By default VAC service creates a database with the release version build that you need to update. Install the latest update, applied on the old VAC server, on a new VAC instance and proceed to the next step.
- Access VAC UI and navigate to Configuration > Settings > SQL Server Connection and specify the valid database name and click Save.
- public role (default permissions)
- dbcreator role (needed to create the Veeam Availability Console database during the Veeam Availability Console installation procedure)
- db_owner and public roles on the Veeam Availability Console database
- public permissions on the master database
- public permissions on the msdb database
- [For Always-On Availability Groups] VIEW SERVER STATE, VIEW ANY DEFINITION permissions