Backup Copy Jobs can fail when writing to ExaGrid storage.
De-duplicating storage can incorrectly update existing backup files during Veeam “merge” operation.
Make sure your ExaGrid Storage firmware version is 4.7.0 P52 or newer. For additional information please contact ExaGrid Customer Support (firstname.lastname@example.org).
The following errors can be received during Veeam Backup Copy Jobs, restore from a copied backup, or “health check” of a copied backup:
- All instances of the storage metadata are corrupted
- Metadata slot is corrupted. Slot offset: [x]
- Wrong digest value for block number [n]
- Failed to decompress LZ4 block: Incorrect decompression result or length (result: 'x', expected length: 'y')
- Zlib decompression error
- RLE decompression buffer overflow. Declared buffer size: [x]. Current position: [y]
- Declared size of the data and the length of the supplied buffer are different. Declared data size: [x]. Buffer length: [y].
Please be aware that we’re making changes which will restrict access to product updates for users without an active contract.