This update is provided to enable upgrading existing installations of Veeam Backup & Replication 9.5 U4 RTM (build 18.104.22.1689) to generally available version of Veeam Backup & Replication 9.5 U4 GA (build 22.214.171.12415). This update addresses a number of issues reported by early adopters on the U4 RTM build.
All new installations should be performed using Veeam Backup & Replication 126.96.36.19915 ISO that is available for download starting January 22th, 2019. Please, delete the U4 RTM build ISO to ensure you don't accidentally use with your prospects and customers in the future.
The following RTM build issues are addressed with this update:
• Legacy subscription license grace period bug for licenses with 0 Workstations causes agent jobs to stop working until you install an Instance license.
• Non-existing VMs specified in advanced job settings cause jobs to fail, when their presence was not an issue in Update 3a.
• Direct SAN transport fails for vSphere backup proxies installed on certain non-English OS locales due to "special" characters present in the OS temp path.
• Backup Copy jobs fail to start after data transfer window opens, if their copy period started during the restricted window.
• Transaction log backup email reports are missing for Windows agent-based log backup jobs Windows.
• Inoperational RESTful API V1_3 protocol version (API version used in Update 3a).
Remote console update will be initiated normally when the RTM console connects to the GA server, however update installation will fail with transport update error. All remote backup consoles must be updated manually with this patch.
Prior to installing this update please reboot the Veeam server to clear any locks on the Veeam services and when the reboot is done, please stop all the Veeam services and apply the update. After installing the update, please start the Veeam services, open the console and allow Veeam B&R to update its components.
NOTE: This patch must be installed on all remote backup consoles manually.
NOTE: "Add or Remove Programs" will still show version 188.8.131.529 after Veeam Backup & Replication 9.5 U4 Day 0 Update is installed. This is expected behavior. The actual version can be looked up in Help | About dialog of Veeam Backup & Replication console.
Please be aware that we’re making changes which will restrict access to product updates for users without an active contract.