Veeam Management Pack 8.0 Update 6 cumulative patch for Veeam Backup & Replication monitoring.
Veeam Support has received quite enough customer feedback on issues related to MP for Veeam Backup & Replication provided as part of Veeam Management Pack for System Center. For example, users frequently encounter the following issues:
- After upgrade from Veeam Management Pack 8.0 Update 5 to Update 6, some Veeam Backup Reports start displaying incorrect data or the “No relevant data found” message in the output. For example, the ‘Protected VMs’ report considers a number of analyzed VMs to be Unprotected.
- Some Veeam Backup & Replication views in the Ops Mgr console show incorrect data for a number of Veeam Backup & Replication servers.
- The ‘Veeam Backup Repository Maintenance Mode Renewal’ monitor tends to change its state from Healthy to Warning once in a while (every 1 hour by default).
- Tape Job discovery failure in certain configurations.
- Tape Jobs show duplicated Increment and Full Media Pool values.
- Status of Agent Backup Jobs is not properly reflected in Ops. Manager.
- In some cases when Veeam Backup & Replication Proxy service consumes more than 2.2 GB RAM, Proxy service metrics "PercentProcessorTime" and "WorkingSet" are not collected.
Event ID 2 with following description “Value was either too large or too small for an Int32” appears in the Application event log on a server where Veeam Backup & Replication Proxy service is running.
To resolve the listed issues, Veeam R&D released a Veeam Management Pack 8.0 Update 6 cumulative patch for Veeam Backup & Replication monitoring.
To install the cumulative patch:
- Check that you have Veeam Management Packs version 188.8.131.527 installed. To do that, navigate to Administration > Management Packs in the Ops Mgr console.
- Download the archive file using the link provided in the ‘More Information’ section.
- Unpack the archive.
- Import Veeam management packs included in the patch to the Ops Mgr console. To do that, navigate to Administration > Management Packs > Import MPs. For detailed instructions about importing management packs, see this Microsoft KB article.
- Ensure that the Veeam Backup Monitoring and Veeam Backup Discovery management packs now have the following build numbers: Veeam Backup Monitoring MP — 184.108.40.2068, Veeam Backup Discovery MP — 220.127.116.110.
Should you have any questions, contact Veeam Support.
Please be aware that we’re making changes which will restrict access to product updates for users without an active contract.