This "Day 0" update is intended only for environments where Veeam Backup & Replication 10 RTM (10.0.0.4442) is installed.
If you are running Veeam Backup & Replication 10 GA build 10.0.0.4461 or later, this update is not applicable to you, and should be ignored.
This update is provided to enable upgrading existing installations of Veeam Backup & Replication 10 partner preview (RTM build 10.0.0.4442) to generally available version of Veeam Backup & Replication 10 (GA build 10.0.0.4461). This update addresses a number of issues found internally and reported by our partners on the preview build.
All new installations should be performed using the Veeam Backup & Replication 10 ISO that is available for download from Veeam web site starting from February 18, 2020. Please, delete the partner preview build ISO to ensure you don't accidentally use with your prospects and customers in the future.
- After installing the built-in update on Veeam Agent for Microsoft Windows hosts Agent backup job show up the following warning - “Element not found”. To get rid of the warning above, please, please reboot the hosts to finish the Veeam changed block tracking (CBT) driver implementation.
- NetApp ONTAP 9.7 support.
- Application-aware image processing of Windows Server 2008 guests fails with the “Guest is not supported” error.
- Interaction with certain S3-compatible object storage devices fails with the "Mismatching region access attempt" error.
- Under certain circumstances, SOBR offload job may start failing with "specified cast not valid" errors following v10 upgrade.
- Deadlock possibility in the Direct NFS transport mode for VMware vSphere.
- Linux agent-based backup job fails to collect system data if computer has TUN (OpenVPN) adapter attached.
- Backup jobs with encryption enabled fails with the “Failed to decrypt encryption key” error for tenants who upgraded from certain older Veeam Backup & Replication versions to the v10 RTM build.
- “An unknown event has occurred” error is logged when pre-v10 tenant backup copy job performs transform operation. This issue is purely cosmetic, and is due to no matching text resource for the corresponding operation in v10.
If you are running Veeam Backup & Replication 10 GA build 10.0.0.4461 or later, this update is not applicable to you.
Prior to installing this update please reboot the Veeam server to clear any locks on the Veeam services and when the reboot is done, please stop all the Veeam services and apply the update. After installing the update, please start the Veeam services, open the console and allow Veeam B&R to update its components.
NOTE: This update must be installed on all remote backup consoles manually.
NOTE: "Add or Remove Programs" will continue to show version 10.0.0.4442 version even after Veeam Backup & Replication 10 Update 0 is installed. This is the expected peculiarity of this Windows functionality. The actual product version can be looked up in Help | About dialog of Veeam Backup & Replication console.
NOTE: A cumulative hotfix rollup that addresses issues reported by customers on the original build of v10 GA (10.0.0.4461) is now available, click here for more information https://www.veeam.com/kb3127.
Please be aware that we’re making changes which will restrict access to product updates for users without an active contract.