Published: September, 2017
Ransomware is a real threat for CIOs and technology administrators today. In this new white paper, Veeam® Availability Platform designs for ransomware resiliency series, Veeam offers sound tips for adding ransomware resiliency so you can provide the best levels of Availability for critical applications and data.
The first chapter in the series, Veeam Availability Suite™ resiliency tips to enhance data protection, shows how design options for resiliency in Veeam products can protect you against ransomware threats discussing:
● Offline storage, the most effective ransomware resiliency technique
● Using different credentials for backup repositories
● The need to have more types of restore points that are more frequent
In the second chapter, Veeam Backup & Replication™ and Veeam Agents resiliency tips to enhance data protection, Rick Vanover will outline additional tips around file backups and replication as well as using Veeam Agent for Microsoft Windows for backups of mobile workstations to removable media and discuss:
● Additional backup that is file-only
● Replicated VMs
● Ejecting media and computer account permissions for Veeam Agent for Microsoft Windows
Read this whitepaper to discover best practices and recommendations for preparing your infrastructure against ransomware threats and for ensuring Availability of your systems. The paper consists of four chapters, two of them are available now and two more are coming soon!