Need immutability but don’t have the in-house skills to create and manage a Linux-based Veeam hardened repository?
The list of solutions that have immutability for Veeam Backup & Replication with Windows-based backup repositories is pretty short. If you want to keep your Veeam Backup & Replication backup storage on MS Windows, and still have immutable backups, consider Pure Storage FlashArray//C for your backup storage.
Here are six reasons to consider Pure Storage FlashArray//C with Veeam Backup & Replication for immutable backups:
- Enable data immutability for increased security. FlashArray//C, with its immutable SafeMode storage snapshots, provides immutability for Veeam Backup & Replication backup repositories. Simply set up a schedule of SafeMode snapshots for your backup repository storage volumes and specify the duration of the immutability to protect your backups from both malicious and accidental threats.
- Reduce data to optimize capacity. The FlashArray Purity operating system performs compression and granular data deduplication to achieve 67-75% data reduction. Additionally, the storage efficiencies of the ReFS Block Cloning file system improves overall data reduction and total cost of ownership.
- Get industry-leading customer support. Pure1, Pure’s AI-driven data-services platform, delivers proactive monitoring and support to identify and resolve issues before customers are even aware of the issue. This, along with the quality of their storage products, is a major contributor to Pure’s unmatched Net Promoter Score of over 85.
The final three reasons come directly from the 2022 Gartner Magic Quadrant for Primary Storage (figure 1).
- Vertically integrated DirectFlash modules are managed directly by the Purity OS, ensuring consistent performance and optimized costs at the media level.
- Evergreen portfolio provides flexible consumption options ranging from all-CapEx to all-OpEx, and a hybrid model in the middle, where hardware is capex and software is OpEx.
- Customers praise the ease of deployment and ease of use, resulting in savings on operational expenses.
If you have a requirement for immutability but are not comfortable creating and managing a Linux-based Veeam hardened repository, then consider Pure Storage FlashArray//C for your Veeam Backup & Replication backup storage.