COLUMBUS, Ohio – November 3, 2021: Veeam Software, the leader in backup, recovery and data management solutions that deliver Modern Data Protection, today announced another quarter of double-digit growth with an annual recurring revenue (ARR) increase of 28% year-over-year (YoY) for Q3’21. With the fastest revenue growth YoY (25.3%) in the most recent IDC Semi-Annual Software Tracker for Data Replication & Protection 1H’21, Veeam’s momentum is being fueled by more than 20 new product releases and major feature updates this year, and is preparing for two more in Q4: Veeam Backup for Office 365 and Veeam Disaster Recovery Orchestrator v6.
“As businesses struggle to thwart evolving cybersecurity threats and deal with unprecedented global and economic challenges, modern data protection continues to be the golden ticket keeping enterprises secure and driving sustainable business continuity,” said William H. Largent, Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and Chairman of the Board at Veeam. “With the market average YoY growth at just +2.9% for data replication and protection, our 15th consecutive quarter of double-digit growth is proof that Veeam’s solutions continue to meet and exceed customer expectations, helping businesses across the globe meet operational objectives, while protecting against growing ransomware attacks. This year, we’re also excited to celebrate our 15th ‘birthday’ in October, as we continue to lead the market for backup, recovery and data management. It’s been an amazing 15 years; here’s to the next 15…and beyond.”
Q3 2021 Highlights
- More than 300,000 users have downloaded Veeam Backup & Replication v11 since its launch in Q1. Released as the most advanced data protection solution for cloud, virtual, physical, Software as a Service (SaaS) and Kubernetes workloads, V11 now enables organizations to accelerate cloud adoption by ensuring data is reliably secured, protected and managed from a single console.
- Veeam cloud-native data protection reported more than 350% growth YoY in Q3’21. New releases of Veeam Backup for AWS v4, Veeam Backup for Microsoft Azure v3, and Veeam Backup for Google Cloud Platform v2 are now integrated directly into Veeam Backup & Replication v11a.
- Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365 reported 73% growth YoY in Q3’21. The #1 backup and recovery solution for Office 365 enables users to securely backup to any location, including on premises, in a hyperscale cloud, or with a service provider.
- Veeam‘s single platform is resonating with enterprise customers resulting in +268% bookings growth YoY in transactions of more than $1 million.
- Veeam Universal License (VUL), the industry’s first portable license that offers a simple, flexible “per workload” subscription for protecting all workloads across on-premises and hybrid/multi-cloud environments, accounted for nearly 3/4 of net new core transactions in Q3, with Veeam’s subscription product offerings reporting 64% growth YoY.
- Primary storage product line integrations with Veeam have now increased to 86 with even greater integration support for HPE Alletra 6000, HPE Alletra 9000, HPE XP8, Dell EMC PowerMax and Hitachi Virtual Storage Platform (VSP), furthering the scope of storage integrations and hardware-agnostic options.
- In the most recent IDC Semi-Annual Software Tracker for Data Replication & Protection 1H’21, Veeam had the fastest revenue growth YoY (25.3%) among the top five vendors, all other vendors combined, and in overall market average. Veeam’s growth is more than double the nearest competitor, is firmly cemented as the #2 vendor worldwide, and stands tall as #1 provider in both EMEA and LATAM in overall revenue growth and market share.
- Veeam now counts 81% of the Fortune 500 and 69% of the Global 2000 as customers. New Q3 advocates include: Aboriginal Peoples TV Network, Ajuntament de Vilafranca del Penedès, Covenco Recovery Services, Diamond Group, Essilor Amera, Fameccanica Group, Fujifilm UK, Lembaga Lebuhraya Malaysia, Liverpool John Moores University, Maintainer Corporation of Iowa, Inc., Mondragon Unibertsitatea, Parul University, Qatar Engineering & Construction Company, Qingdao Huanghai Pharmaceutical Co. Ltd, Swietelsky and TRC Construction Public Company Limited.
For more information, please visit www.veeam.com.
"In the last year, we have witnessed how the pandemic has caused companies to accelerate their migration to the cloud, and for many, this environment shift implies risks of data loss, security breaches and increased cloud costs. With this being a main concern for customers it is no surprise that Veeam has dedicated a good part of this year to help customers adapt to the "new normal." With the V11a enhancements Veeam is enhancing Veeam Backup & Replication and Cloud backup capabilities to address evolving vulnerabilities. Veeam's global YoY growth is a result of its stated commitment to keep the customer at the forefront of innovation.” – Phil Goodwin, research vice president, IDC
“At Staples Solutions, we are always looking at ways to further optimize our data protection strategies. With this in mind, we look forward to the additional features in Veeam Backup & Replication v11 such as Continuous Data Protection (CDP), a hardened Linux repository of immutable backups for extra ransomware protection, expanded instant recovery for Oracle and SQL, and Azure archive, which could provide an additional cost savings.” – Aleh Sadaunichy, Infrastructure Solutions Architect, Staples Solutions
“Ransomware attacks are increasing, and one of the best ways to avoid them is to have solid backups that can’t be encrypted in a secure cloud. That’s what Veeam offers, and that’s why Veeam is a priority for us.” – Petru Craciunas, Head of IT Infrastructure and Information Security, Essilor Amera
“We use Veeam not only for data protection, but also for our business transformation to the cloud. Replicating VMs with Veeam is fast and simple.” – Simon Doroja, Data Center and Team Lead, Essilor Amera
“Microsoft Teams has become a key application for Swietelsky during the COVID-19 pandemic. Our employees can work on projects in more than 20 different teams at the same time. With Veeam, we reliably protect all content that is created with Microsoft Teams from risks and data loss.” – Gunter Natschläger, IT Manager Backup & Virtualization, Swietelsky AG
About Veeam Software
Veeam is the leader in backup, recovery and data management solutions that deliver Modern Data Protection. The company provides a single platform for Cloud, Virtual, Physical, SaaS and Kubernetes environments. Veeam customers are confident their apps and data are protected and always available with the most simple, flexible, reliable and powerful platform in the industry. Veeam protects over 400,000 customers worldwide, including 81% of the Fortune 500 and 69% of the Global 2,000. Veeam’s global ecosystem includes 35,000+ technology partners, resellers and service providers, and alliance partners and has offices in more than 30 countries. To learn more, visit www.veeam.com or follow Veeam on LinkedIn @veeam-software and Twitter @veeam.