BAAR, Switzerland, October 29, 2013
Click to Tweet: Veeam Announces Q3 2013 Results, Produces Double-Digit Year-Over-Year Growth
Veeam® Software, innovative provider of backup, replication and virtualization management solutions for VMware vSphere and Microsoft Hyper-V, today announced record results for the third quarter of 2013 (Q3 13), continuing its expansion in all major global markets as the company drives toward its goal of $1 billion in revenue within five years. Total bookings revenue increased 41 percent in Q3 13 compared to the same period in 2012, and new license bookings revenue grew 36 percent over the same period. Total bookings growth increased 60 percent year-over-year for the first three quarters of 2013. This also marks the 29th consecutive quarter of revenue growth for Veeam.
With customers in 175 countries worldwide, Veeam saw particularly strong growth in the large enterprise market segment in EMEA: from Q3 12 to Q3 13, the Northern EMEA region posted 227 percent growth; Southern EMEA saw 95 percent growth and Eastern Europe and MEA [Middle East / Africa] experienced 223 percent growth.
“The success of the recent release of Veeam Backup & Replication v7 once again raised the standard for Modern Data Protection™ for enterprise customers. This well-earned reputation for constant innovation has made us one of the fastest growing software companies in the world,” said Ratmir Timashev, CEO of Veeam. “In fact, we feel so strongly about the value and capabilities of our solutions that this quarter, we have rolled out a new “Upgrade Your Backup” competitive replacement (available only in North America) program that enables IT organizations to put Veeam in their modern datacenter for the same price as – or often much less than – the annual renewal cost of their existing legacy backup solution.”
Veeam received a number of prestigious industry honors during Q3 13, including the following:
- VMworld 2013: Best of Breed, Best Backup and Data Protection Award from Virtualization Review for Veeam Backup & Replication
- 2013 Australian Reseller News Specialist Vendor of the Year – for the second consecutive year.
Additional highlights of Q3 13 include:
- NEW Veeam Backup & Replication v7: Veeam launched a new version of its award-winning flagship software. The release introduced two disruptive innovations – Built-in WAN Acceleration and Backup from Storage Snapshots – as well as 7 market-changing features and 75+ other new enhancements, taking modern data protection to the next level.
- Customer Growth: Added close to 7,500 new customers, totaling over 80,000 current paid Veeam customers.
- New Partner Margins and Growth: Increased incentives in its ProPartner Program provided even more margin for Veeam resellers and enabled Veeam to expand its worldwide partner base to more than 20,000 ProPartners.
About Veeam Software
Veeam® is Modern Data Protection™ - providing powerful, easy-to-use and affordable solutions that are Built for Virtualization™ and the Cloud. Veeam Backup & Replication™ delivers VMware backup, Hyper-V backup, recovery and replication. This #1 VM Backup™ solution helps organizations meet RPOs and RTOs, save time, eliminate risks and dramatically reduce capital and operational costs. Veeam Backup Management Suite™ provides all the benefits and features of Veeam Backup & Replication along with advanced monitoring, reporting and capacity planning for the backup infrastructure. Veeam Management Pack™ (MP) extends enterprise monitoring to VMware through Microsoft System Center and also offers monitoring and reporting for the Veeam Backup & Replication infrastructure. Veeam also provides free tools for the virtualization community.
Founded in 2006, Veeam is privately-owned and has been profitable since 2009. Veeam currently has over 20,000 ProPartners and more than 80,000 customers worldwide. Veeam’s global headquarters are located in Baar, Switzerland and has offices throughout the world.