Release Notes for Veeam Backup & Replication 8.0 Update 3
Please confirm you are running version 22.214.171.1247, 126.96.36.1997, 188.8.131.521, 184.108.40.2067, 220.127.116.118, 18.104.22.1681, 22.214.171.1249 or 126.96.36.1990 prior to installing this update. You can check this under Help | About in Veeam Backup & Replication console. After upgrading, your build will be version 188.8.131.524
Prior to installing this update please reboot the Veeam server to clear any locks on the Veeam services and when the reboot is done, please stop all the Veeam services before applying the update.
After installing the update, during the first start of the Veeam Backup Service, required modifications will be made to the configuration database automatically to optimize its performance. These modifications may take up to 10 minutes to complete. Please do not reboot the Veeam server, or attempt to stop the service during this operation. If there is concern regarding the time that the Veeam Backup Service takes to start after upgrade, please contact Veeam Customer Support.
Once Veeam Backup Service starts, please open the console and allow Veeam Backup & Replication to update its remote components.
New Features and Enhancements
- Support for Windows 10 as guest virtual machines (VMs), including application-aware processing.
- Support for installation of Veeam Backup & Replication and all of its components on Windows 10.
- Support for vSphere 6.0 Update 1.
- Added ability to convert "VMware Tools not found" job warning to informational event. To enable this behavior, set DisableVMwareToolsNotFoundWarning (REG_DWORD) registry value to 1.
- Support for the following additional SSH ciphers: aes128-ctr, aes192-ctr, aes256-ctr, aes192-cbc and aes256-cbc.
Veeam Explorer for Microsoft SQL Server
- Log truncation is automatically skipped for stopped and unsupported SQL Server instances to prevent errors from being logged.
- Preferred network settings will now also apply to transaction log backup jobs.
- Support for SQL Servers using non-standard port number.
Veeam Explorer for SharePoint
- Support for ADFS authentication.
- Support for UPN credentials.
- Proxy appliance will now respond to ping from within Virtual Lab to prevent firewalls automatically blocking its network as public.
- Removed weakly encrypted username and password logging from guest processing components using networkless (VIX) guest interaction mode. Veeam thanks Pasquale Fiorillo and Francesco Ongaro of ISGroup for vulnerability discovery.
- Improved performance of certain user interface operations, such as opening Backups node in large environments.
- Reduced load on SQL Server hosting product configuration database, while improving SQL interaction reliability in large environments.
- Improved performance of configuration backup in large environments.
- Minor enhancements and bug fixes in various product areas.
Note: This version has not been tested against with vSphere builds beyond 6.0 Update 1. If you are using a later vSphere version, please upgrade to Veeam Backup & Replication 9.0
Please be aware that starting from September 2018 downloading updates will require an active contract for the corresponding product.