This KB article was created to document how to create a case with Veeam Support via the customer portal.
Note: In order to create a support case for Veeam Endpoint Backup, open the application and choose "Support" tab.
In order to open a new case you must be designated as a Case Administrator. For more information on how to setup Case Administrators review https://www.veeam.com/kb2211 .
Any information you can provide regarding the issue you are experiencing could have a significant impact on how fast the issue is diagnosed and resolved. You will be asked to provide the following information:
- Issue description, impact on your system and business operations, issue severity, and the exact text of error messages and diagnostic details.
- Steps to reproduce the problem, known workarounds
- Contact number where you can be reached
- Best time to reach you, and contact method (i.e. email/phone)
- Go to https://my.veeam.com (or directly to our customer portal https://my.veeam.com/#/open-case/step-1 )
- Enter your credentials and click Sign In
- Click on "Open Case" button in the menu on the left side. Please note that you must be a Case Administrator or License Administrator to submit a case via the Portal. If you aren't currently a Case Administrator or License Administrator, please follow this guide to learn how to become one for your Account or call us if you have an urgent issue.
- Choose a Case Type. Technical is for Break-fix issues or any kind of technical questions related to Veeam products. Licensing covers any licensing or related questions and General Inquiry is for feedback or issues related Veeam websites and services, not products.
- On the left side of the page you need to fill in all the required details. Please remember to include the exact error message that is occurring. Screenshots inclusion can often help expedite resolution.
- After clicking "Next" you will be taken to a page listing several KB articles that may be related to your issue. To continue with case creation, please click "Next" again.
- On the next page you will be asked to add attachments to your case. It is imperative that you provide diagnostic logs when creating a case so that Veeam Support may best assist you.
•Select the bucket relative to your region.
•For cases relating to Veeam Backup & Replication please review this article for details on how to collect logs: https://www.veeam.com/kb1832
•For cases related to Veeam Agent for Windows please review this article for details on how to collect logs: https://www.veeam.com/kb2404
- On the last page of case creation you will have an opportunity to review all details provided and provide specific contact details. If you have a direct number you can reached at please consider adding it at this point.
After you have created a case you will be contacted within the time set forth in the SLA agreement for the severity you specified.
Veeam's severity system operates similar to the DEFCON system, lower number=high priority.
To view your Production Licenses or discover what email is assigned as the License Administrator please click here: https://my.veeam.com/#/licenses/production
Please be aware that we’re making changes which will restrict access to product updates for users without an active contract.