Consider the following scenario:
- You have NetApp NFS datastores added by hostnames in your vSphere infrastructure .
- You are using NetApp SAN integration in Veeam.
- You try to back up VMs using storage snapshots, but this fails with “VM does not meet the requirements for storage snapshot based jobs”.
Veeam Backup & Replication tries to match NFS exports to the network interfaces on NetApp by performing reverse DNS lookup of the IP addresses. If no match can be made, Veeam B&R does not consider the NFS datastores to belong to NetApp, and does not use storage snapshots functionality.
To resolve the issue:
- Correctly set up reverse DNS zone/lookup on Veeam server.
- Perform a Rescan of your NetApp from the Veeam Console.
To verify that reverse DNS resolution works, you can use the following example: “ping -a 10.40.80.20”, which should return you the correct hostname.
Please be aware that we’re making changes which will restrict access to product updates for users without an active contract.