Each case should be treated individually. Some of registry hives may have incorrect ACL permissions. The root cause of ACL injuries should be investigated deeply.
As a workaround, we recommend you to update the RecoveryImageTempPath registry key in the Veeam Agent computer OS registry.
- Run regedit.exe.
- Locate the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Veeam\Veeam Endpoint Backup key.
- Create the following value under the key:
- Name = RecoveryImageTempPath
- Type = String
- Value = <path where you'd like to unpack WinRE> (e.x. C:\Temp)
- Go to Control Panel > System and Security > Administrative Tools > Services.
- Restart the Veeam Agent for Microsoft Windows service.
- Create the Veeam Recovery Media again.
The updated registry key value changes the temporary path for the WinRE image unpacking. The registry key does not affect any OS variables or settings.