Fast Clone is the Veeam Backup & Replication 10 technology that helps to create quick file copies. Fast Clone increases the speed of synthetic backup creation and transformation, reduces disk space requirements and decreases the load on storage devices. With this technology, Veeam Backup & Replication references existing data blocks on volumes instead of copying data blocks between files. Data blocks are copied only when files are modified.
Fast Clone is fully supported by Nutanix Mine.
To enable the Fast Clone option on Veeam Backup & Replication v.10 for Nutanix Mine, do the following:
- In the Veeam Backup & Replication console, open the Backup Infrastructure view.
- In the inventory pane, select Backup Repositories.
- In the working area, right-click one node of the scale-out repository (SOBR) and click Edit Repository.
- In the Edit Backup Repository wizard, proceed to the Repository step.
- Select the Use fast cloning on XFS volumes check box to enable copy-on-write functionality.
- At the Repository step of the wizard, click Advanced.
- In the Storage Compatibility Settings window, select the Align backup file data blocks check-box and click OK.
- In the Edit Backup Repository wizard, proceed to the Summary step and click Finish to close the wizard.
- Repeat steps 1-7 for all SOBR nodes (extents).
- Fast Clone will be engaged along with next Active Full run of a backup job.
Please be aware that we’re making changes which will restrict access to product updates for users without an active contract.